Need a little help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little help please!

Alright, here's the problem... I have purchased an HID conversion kit a while back that comes with the 9007 bulb. It's about 5.5cm long by 1.5cm wide.

I know enough that these won't fit into any after market mk4 Jetta projector housing since they are made for H4 and H7. What I'm trying to find out is which car has housings for the 9007HID bulb? I have tried googling it up but only been sent to ebay pages.

Also, I figure I will probably have to retrofit the 9007 housing somehow and since I lack most of these skills, does anybody know of somebody who may be able to help me out with the retrofitting?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Isaac
    Isaac

Instagram:@ipetersphotog
    Then: 2000 Jetta 2.0L (2005-2012)
    Now: 2012 Golf TDI

Re: Need a little help please!

Honestly you probably wont be able to get it to work right. The bases are a completely different shape and the focal point of the light is different as well. You'll be better off just buying the correct HID bulbs off ebay and selling the ones you don't need. Aftermarket HID replacement bulbs usally go for around $80-$100 a pair on ebay.
    Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Mike's right, Save yourself the hassle and order up some new bulbs. A few months back in the bavaria forums there was an HID conversion thread. One of the guys suggested

"If you want a cheap HID kit try www.vvme.com (I think its that) Good reviews from the A4 forum on AW"

They sell kits dirt cheap and the bulbs alone are like $85 for highs and lows on the same bulb. Plus you dont need to worry about import fees or anything like that as they mark it as a gift.
      Last edited by nordex; 05-01-2007, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I figured as much. I am just trying to find out if there is a way I can save the money that I have already spent for these bulbs

I will check out the better kits, thanks guys
        Isaac

Instagram:@ipetersphotog
        Then: 2000 Jetta 2.0L (2005-2012)
        Now: 2012 Golf TDI

Comment

Working...
        X