audio installers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audio installers..

I was just wondering if anyone knows any good places or ppl who can install some stereo equipment? I went to visions(because thats where i bought all the stuff) and got a price from them, but i want to shop around too see whats else is out there. So with that said, if anyone has any info, it would help out a bunch.

"You could hear me 'fore you see me, I got king Kong in the trunk"

-james
    James
    mk4 wagon

Re: audio installers..

I believe most people will recommend Audio Concepts.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

ya ive heard of that place. I have yet to check them out, next day off for sure i will. have you dealt with them? from there website, they looks pretty top notch.

Any others i should know about?

-James
      James
      mk4 wagon

Comment

Find a good installer that people recommend - it doesn't matter really what store. Some guys move around from Visions to Soundsaround to A&B - it just depends. But you definately want an experienced guy. That said I was happy with Audio concepts cause you pay a bit more the guy isn't as rushed.
        Geoff
        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

ya thats why im doing this, i just want to know what you guys think, if i didnt what to do this now, i would just wait till i go back to bc for my vacation, but i dont want to wait, lol. SO your expirence at Audio concepts was good then? they have hourly type of cost? or i would just ahve to drop by and talk to them? Do you recommend someone from there?

thanks for the input guys, keep it comin.

-james
          James
          mk4 wagon

Comment

They did good for me, but that was a few years ago. Maybe post on beyond audio forums and see who the current "ace guys" are. Definately pay a few bucks extra to ensure connections are soldered and heatshrinked instead of just crimped.

Also if it's for your mk4, make sure they have the right harness, and powered FM antena - some places will just hack your harness and not tell you. Also if you plan on taking your car to the dealer, make sure they take a picture to show the K-line is not connected. Otherwise the dealer may make you take it out (which is retarded because there are tools to test.. Maybe this isn't a problem anymore?)
            Last edited by Khyron; 04-21-2007, 05:24 PM.
            Geoff
            Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

dont go to future shop! they are terrible!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
              His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
              Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
              Past:
              B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
              B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
              2004 .:R32 BMP
              2001.5 Noggy blue s4
              2000 VW GTI 1.8T
              1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

i second that for future shop my brother took his 85 iroc there and after they installed the deck they decided it would be fun to rip around the parking lot......
                02 GTI
                Jared

Comment

lol. ya just a bunch of kids workin at futureshop.

But this k-line, what is it? ill phone up the stealership and ask if it will be a problem or not. As for the beyond forums, i cant go on there, i need some shaw email address or something, which i dont have. But should get one, becuase there is a guy on there, that seems to know his stuff and wouldnt mind talking to him.

that sucks jrockmk2. How did he know they took it out? gas was gone or something?

P.S. If someone has a beyond.ca account, if they could get me this guys email address that would be wicked. His user name is wrxer1

thanks,
                  -James
                  Last edited by blackradon; 04-21-2007, 06:54 PM.
                  James
                  mk4 wagon

Comment

I made the mastake of getting my alarm/starter done at A&B took it back 3 days the first year. Full days as well as in needed a ride to work ect... finnaly a year and a half later I took it back and told them to take it out they said they would have to charge me for it. I allmost lost my mind. I came close to loosing it right in the middle of the store. First of all I spend 900 bucks on this thing, you guys screw up the install and cant fix the problems then when I get tired of wakeing up in the middle of the night to turn off my alarm you want to charge me another 80 bucks. They took it out for free and threw it in the garbage. 900 bucks gone. Dont even get me going with there sterio install. AM radio hasent worked since the get go.
                    I've successfully boycotted them for 5 years now. Not so much as a CD since.

And as said above Audio Conceps did my first car and did an unbeliveable job.
                    go there spend the extra 100 bucks and be happy.

Comment

lol my brother was sitting outside waiting for his car and they didnt recognize him they were in for a surprise when they got back
                      02 GTI
                      Jared

Comment

Audio Concepts is awesome, they are extremely extremely good.

Soundsaround has messed up 2 different cars for me in the past.

Basically at Soundsaround it was 18 year old kids with no training. If something didn't fit perfectly out of the box from Pioneer or Alpine or whoever, they basically just try to rig it with twist ties or glue or duct tape or whatever they feel like. The mentality is that "nobody's ever going to see it" and to get things done in the least amount of time possible.

On one car I bought from a friend who had speakers installed at Soundsaround, we took the door panel off and the speakers were held in place with what seemed to be roofing tar.
                        Last edited by Kor; 04-22-2007, 11:14 AM.
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

A&B installed my deck. They did a good job. Doesnt skip or anything
                          Are audio concepts rates good?
                          My girlfriend is selling me her subs and I need a place to get them uninstalled from her ar and into mine
                          -Drew
                          2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
                          1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

Audio concepts is always custom work so yeah you do pay a bit more, I think its worth it to have someone who knows what they're doing. They can do anything you want, if you want them to do fiberglass or carbon fiber or custom pods on your roof, whatever you want, they do it. But they will do regular installs I think too, but might be harder to get an appointment if you just want 30 mins of labour since they do a lot of big jobs.
                            KR
                            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

ya i think ill drop by audio concepts friday or sat, see whats up. Thanks for all the comments and such.

-james
                              James
                              mk4 wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X