accident....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accident....

so i was stopped at a light, behind a van when it all of a sudden throws it in reverse. i honk but it's to late she hit me, then does a u turn and stops to look at me, makes some hand gesture then peels off. so i give chase and catch her a block away, at this point i don't know what damage she did but i'm pretty pissed.

so she gives me a sob story about her daughter having some problem and needs to go to the hospital, personally i really didn't care she pulled over to talk it can't be that bad. i take a look at my car and i really can't see any damage (she didn't hit me hard), i got to some light later and found on the black part of my bumper right under the honeycomb has some scratches on it.

now i don't care why she ran, why she hit me, and where she ended up going. but i have these marks on my car now, they may be minor but they weren't there before. what do i do??

now i may sound a little uncaring of her daughter but how do i know what's going on. i got my info that i needed and let her go, maybe 5 min. she really looked like she was on something to me. thanks

Re: accident....

Well you could always file a report with your insurance company and or the police and just tell the truth and see what happens??
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

File a police report ASAP, that is called a hit and run.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
        +2
        sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
        His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
        Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
        Past:
        B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
        B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
        2004 .:R32 BMP
        2001.5 Noggy blue s4
        2000 VW GTI 1.8T
        1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

well the damaged is very very small( as far as i know). i have no problem doing a police report but if i have to pay higher insurance for a couple of scratches, i wouldn't be very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
            File a police report, cause this lady seems pretty sketchy. If you try to deal with this between the both of you, she might accuse you of rear ending her or something like that.

File a police report and stay on the safe side.
            Matt - A3

Comment

Agreed, don't F around, just file a police report and let them deal with it. And choose your words wisely when doing it. Don't make it personal just state exactly what you witnessed.
              Dylan
              (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

I doubt your insurance is going to up if some one backed into you on a street

Comment

Definalty go with a police report
                  I dont see your insurance going up an.
                  My car was vandalized like 3 months after it was insured and suffered $1600 worth of damage and mine didnt go up any
                  -Drew
                  2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
                  1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

if you don't want your insurance going up, then you better make that police report before she fills one up say that you rear-ended her. a person in your car does not count as a witness either. hopefully someone else saw it too. as long as your insurance knows the full story and there is proof that your story is correct, it's her claim not yours and your insurance will not go up.
                    ~Lenny

Nogaro blue!!!

Comment

report has been filed, not to worried about it now. thanks for the help though

she didn't even take my info, and i called her she doesn't want to go through insurance so she said get a quote for the repair and she'll pay.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                        report has been filed, not to worried about it now. thanks for the help though

she didn't even take my info, and i called her she doesn't want to go through insurance so she said get a quote for the repair and she'll pay.
                        That sounds reasonable.

Since this seems small you could have her pay you based on the quote and not on the actual repair. Then give her a signed note saying you received the money from her and that she is no longer liable for anything related to the incident. This gives you the flexibility of either just pocketing the money or getting it fixed.
                        Last edited by B Dubbin; 04-24-2007, 04:16 PM.
                        Brandon

Comment

if you do go to get it fixed get the cash up front from her according to the value of the quote or she can just walk away from it n youll have to pay instead.

If you get it done first and she doesnt cough up the dough and you need to chase her on it and you dont have any witnesses it could just be called a 50/50 or worse, you rear ended her.
                          Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

Working...
                          X