Alignments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignments?

So I got the Fk cup kit installed on the GTI last night.

I eye balled the alignment, the car drives ok.

No crazy wobbles or anything, but when I took it to the tireshop today to get it aligned. They told me they were too busy (even though I made an appoitment 2 days in advance) and that I would have to wait untill next Tuesday.

Should I be really worried about driving my car all weekend without it being properly aligned?

Or does anyone know a shop in Edmonton that could do an alignment on short notice?

Thanks for the help guys!
    Autobahn Performance

www.Autobahnperformance.ca

My Buildup

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3180837

Re: Alignments?

It's ok to wait a bit to let it settle. As long as it's not pulling you might suffer a few days of weird tire wear, no biggie. I think the common suggestion is to drive for a few days after a susp install anyway.
    Last edited by Khyron; 04-20-2007, 11:07 AM.
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I'm in the same boat, need to know a decent place to get an alignment done. I hate Kal-tire but I wonder if they would do an alignment on an Audi.

Since I lowered my car I only notice a very slight pull to the right on perfectly flat highways. The worst is since I put my 18's on my car pulls like crazy on pavement with ruts like on 170st in Edmonton. I hope that's normal, I've never had low profile tires before....?
      Last edited by Coker Rat; 04-20-2007, 12:33 PM.
      Dylan
      (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

It might be the rear camber on your car that pulls in the ruts. Call Tire Warehouse @ 437 - 4555. They got me in for tomorrow!

How is the APR program treating you by the way?
        Autobahn Performance

www.Autobahnperformance.ca

My Buildup

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3180837

Comment

Originally posted by Coker Rat View Post
          The worst is since I put my 18's on my car pulls like crazy on pavement with ruts like on 170st in Edmonton. I hope that's normal, I've never had low profile tires before....?
          Ive had cars that follow the ruts with or without lowered suspension, the common thing always being wide low profile tyres so i think you should be ok.
          Last edited by Kordain; 04-20-2007, 01:39 PM.
          Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

rgr
            Dylan
            (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

Working...
            X