Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just moved to Edmonton

Hi all,

I just moved to Edmonton and wanted to introduce myself and hopefully find out what the VW scene is like in this city.

Also as spring time is now here, my car's gonna need a little spring maintenance, was wondering if you could suggest some good VW tuner shops here?

Was also wondering if there's any weekly GTGs here, if so I'd like to come out and meet some new people as I don't really know any here.

Cheers

Re: Just moved to Edmonton

Welcome!

The answer to both your questions; Dubsport!

Richard is the man when it comes to working on VW's and he always charges fair prices for his work. As well, we meet at his shop every Friday after work for a little get together. Have a look at http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10682 for details on where his shop is located and what time we meet. I look forward to seeing you there!
    Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Originally posted by VRado6 View Post
      Welcome!

The answer to both your questions; Dubsport!

Richard is the man when it comes to working on VW's and he always charges fair prices for his work. As well, we meet at his shop every Friday after work for a little get together. Have a look at http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10682 for details on where his shop is located and what time we meet. I look forward to seeing you there!
      Come on down... everyone is welcome!!!
      Richard

Comment

Welcome to the forum and be careful with those Edmonton guys
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Sorry to hear that you had to move to Edmonton...lol, welcome!
          Kyle
          2000 Audi S4

Comment

Welcome to the family man

-Pablo
            Tint sucks

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll hopefully be able to make it out tomorrow to meet some of you.

And so far Edmonton seems like a nice city, the people I've met so far are very friendly....just hope this is the last of the snow...I'd love to get my summer wheels on.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf1.8T View Post
                Thanks guys, I'll hopefully be able to make it out tomorrow to meet some of you.

And so far Edmonton seems like a nice city, the people I've met so far are very friendly....just hope this is the last of the snow...I'd love to get my summer wheels on.
                I already put my summer wheels on... and lost a center cap somehow. Anyway, welcome to Edmonton!
                Brandon

Comment

So, another question with regard to putting my summer wheels on.

Do all the streets get swept at some point?
                  And do most pot holes get filled in or will the streets be like this all summer?

Just wondering if I should hold out a little longer or just put them on.
                  It's getting warmer out and I don't want to be eating up my winters.

Thanks againg

Comment

Roads started yesterday in terms of cleaning. Pot holes are forever. tend to be more patched up at the end of summer, Just in time for winter!

Comment

So basically I should just do the swap now and keep an eye out for pot holes all summer eh

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf1.8T View Post
                        So basically I should just do the swap now and keep an eye out for pot holes all summer eh
                        Yup. Edmonton has some of the worst roads EVER! This year seems to be the worst for potholes.

By the way, where did you move from?
                        Tint sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Duby T View Post
                          Yup. Edmonton has some of the worst roads EVER! This year seems to be the worst for potholes.

By the way, where did you move from?
                          Is that so, guess I picked a great time to move out here then eh...lol

I'm from Gatineau, just across the river from Ottawa on the Quebec side.
                          I've lived in QC all my life up until now, so I am used to bad roads, it was mostly all the sand on the streets here I was concerned about.

I wasn't able to make it out to Dubsport to meet some of you last Friday, but I do plan on being there tomorrow, will any of you be there?

Comment

Working...
                          X