Stealth mk4 stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealth mk4 stereo

I have a double din non-monsoon, and while it's ok, I got spoiled when I bought Ryan's sony deck. Sounded much better, I just didn't like the silver and the loss of wheel controls. So I went back to stock. Also got a phatbox which is fine for me.

Toyed with getting a full aftermarket deck, or maybe a nav, and in the end decided it wasn't worth it (200+ bucks just to get the 2 modules for vw wheel controls)

Saw Bill's old Alpine amp for sale, and since he's pickier about sound than I am, and he said it was better than his monsoon, I jumped.

But I refuse to have a sub that takes up my trunk space - I camp and constantly fill the trunk. Soooo.....

Will probably redo the cover in carpet once I decide on a better mount. It's in there pretty good, and I can take it out in 2 seconds to get at the 12V outlet if needed. And no altering the floor/spare area.

Sounds fantastic, far better than just the deck upgrade. Need to break in the sub more, but whatever, it's more than I'll need anytime soon!
    Last edited by Khyron; 04-16-2007, 09:29 PM.
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Re: Stealth mk4 stereo

Pimp!
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Comment

good work. haven't seen one like that that wasn't fiberglass.

ps, a little dynamat in the trunk goes a long way too. i just put a few pieces in the trunk lid. not much at all, but it made the sound crisper.
      Last edited by stefan; 04-16-2007, 10:08 PM.
      Stefan
      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Looks good! Yeah, I have only seen something like that done in fiberglass, but this looks a lot simplier. Only thing I would suggest is finding a carpet that matches better with your trunk. Nice work though.
        When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Comment

holy **** geoff.. nice job!

Comment

Good stuff.
            billip
            2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

I would have fiberglassed it but then again I am hardkor Looks really good, you can buy trunk matching carpet at most car audio places. I would also suggest a grill or some type of bar over the sub so you don't have to worry about items in the trunk.
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Thx - will probably carpet it eventually, just had that vinyl laying around. Doesn't contrast as much when not being flashed.

Originally was going to glass it, but the cost of materials, not knowing wtf I'm doing, and being able to remove it whenever were big factors, as well as no protusions into the trunk area. Will definately look at some sort of grill for it as well.
                Geoff
                Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Working...
                X