mkv gti odb light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mkv gti odb light

anyone know why my odb light would come on???? it did it before but it went out the next day. i'll be calling vw tommorow but looking for some insight from the forum

Re: mkv gti odb light

Huh? odb light? Don't you mean the CEL (check engine light?) If that is the light your talking about then you could have a sporatic fault. I'd wait to see if it come back before you worry about going to the dealership.
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Comment

yea i just called it the odb light cause that's what the manual refers it as the most. it is the the malfunction indicator light, and it has been on all day, i havn't driven it but i went to see if it is turning off and it hasn't yet. the last time it turned off after 2 days. i had my service a couple days after they said it wasn't a big deal. i guess it's my welcome to the vw club

Comment

try and get one of the local eurodrivers guys to scan your car....it could be something really minor.
        Tint sucks

Comment

The Only Mil Light That I Have Seen On The Mkv Gti's So Far Was Coil Related.
          1) 2007 Candy white MKV GTI. DSG, votex kit, 19" Privat netz, tinted tails, smoked side markers & mirror signals, 20% tint, TT stubby, APR sport 3" turbo back exhaust, ABD stage 2 cold air intake. GONE.
          2) 1993 Green Corrado VR6. ABD intake. FK Silverline coils, Zimmerman cross drilled & slotted rotors. GONE.

Comment

Originally posted by Duby T View Post
            try and get one of the local eurodrivers guys to scan your car....it could be something really minor.
            Not many members have the newer CAN based readers so make sure they do if you go that route.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

well i called 5th ave all morning to get some answers. but of course i was on hold for 10 min everytime, so i hung up. the last time i called i told them i was going else where.

what coil would that be???

Comment

well bullfrog it's off again. thanks for the help

good ol vw!!!

Comment

N/p Dan. Keep Me Posted.
                  1) 2007 Candy white MKV GTI. DSG, votex kit, 19" Privat netz, tinted tails, smoked side markers & mirror signals, 20% tint, TT stubby, APR sport 3" turbo back exhaust, ABD stage 2 cold air intake. GONE.
                  2) 1993 Green Corrado VR6. ABD intake. FK Silverline coils, Zimmerman cross drilled & slotted rotors. GONE.

Comment

Working...
                  X