1.8T vs. vr6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.8T vs. vr6

vr6t do you have pics up in the members gallery.. i'd love to see your car.. i never see that many vr6 turbos.. gotta be fast.. dayles 3.2 vr6 Turbo is sick this year..

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
      vr6t do you have pics up in the members gallery.. i'd love to see your car.. i never see that many vr6 turbos.. gotta be fast.. dayles 3.2 vr6 Turbo is sick this year..
      Dayles is actually a 3.0L T not 3.2!
      Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
      -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

well the way my car is right now i will be high 14s, and dom told me the other day that he made a viper his *****, and i think hes hoping for around high 11s, low 12s
        sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
        His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
        Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
        Past:
        B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
        B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
        2004 .:R32 BMP
        2001.5 Noggy blue s4
        2000 VW GTI 1.8T
        1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

I think that might be optimistic. His car is fast, no doubt, however that kind of speed requires a lot of power.

A buddy of mine has a Daytona turbo (built short block, Neon DOHC head on a 2.2) and end of season 2005 he made 550 to the wheels and ran 11.5 with some fair sized slicks and a 1.7 60.

The final tune hasn't been completed but with the rebuilt engine he is hoping for 11 flat with around 650 to the wheels.

FWD is teh sux. That kind of power in a RWD and you would be tickling 9's.

Originally posted by asp gti View Post
          well the way my car is right now i will be high 14s, and dom told me the other day that he made a viper his *****, and i think hes hoping for around high 11s, low 12s

Comment

My friend has a mk4 Gti 1.8T makes 350whp and runs 12.3's all day long. When your making that much power like your friend is in a Fwd car its hard to get good 1/4 times. 450whp in a mk3 24vt goes 11.1's and yes in two weeks when Im at the track on slicks I will pull some low 12's and high 11's is the goal, I will drive my car the way I drive it on the streets and most of you know the way I drive.
            EURODYNE
            01 Gti awd 2L 20V HTA3582 11.4@124 best mph 128.25
            04 R32T 6266
            Tow machine 2011 F350 DRW 6.7

Comment

Ryan,
              There's dozens of pics/videos of my car on the internet. If you goto youtube and search for vr6t rabbit, you'll find a video of me and a 496whp svt cobra on the freeway, and a few videos of me at the track. I'll be updated my website soon with pics of my 4-motion progress.

NeonGTI,
              Your buddies Daytona is a typical FWD example. It's running exactly where it should be for his weight with the type of power he's putting down. I ran against a dodge demon at the track (RWD, tubbed/slicks). He had a 1.49 60' against my 1.82 60'. I ran 11.14, he ran 10.09 and we had the EXACT SAME mph. 133mph. Huge difference in ET!

Originally posted by Disturbo View Post
              My friend has a mk4 Gti 1.8T makes 350whp and runs 12.3's all day long. When your making that much power like your friend is in a Fwd car its hard to get good 1/4 times. 450whp in a mk3 24vt goes 11.1's and yes in two weeks when Im at the track on slicks I will pull some low 12's and high 11's is the goal, I will drive my car the way I drive it on the streets and most of you know the way I drive.
              I wish you the best. I've been hoping for some other Euro cars to come out and do well for years. Don't be fooled by what others have ran in the states or anywhere else. This is AB. Our altitude and conditions are very poor. High 11's take a lot of experience/power to obtain in ANY fwd car. There's been dozens of 400+whp FWD cars in AB over the last 10 years, and until 2006 only 2 of them broke into the high 11's (1 pass each). There's a shitload of neon srt-4's out there all doing low 12's, high 11's in car's that were designed to run a fast 1/4 mile (450+whp/lsd/24.5" slick). The have great drivetrains in an srt-4. 1/4 mile times don't decrease proportionally as you add power. I don't know anything about you or your car, but I know a lot about drag racing, and if you've never ran faster then 14 or 15 seconds, shoot for 13 seconds before anything else. As you get faster, you'll see the difference and cost it took you to get from 13's-high 12's, and then the HUGE challenge of going from high 12's to high 11's.
              Last edited by vr6t; 04-17-2007, 05:00 AM.

Comment

While this is great discussion and all, I think the OP was looking at differences between the engines in a mostly daily driven format. Now aside from the fact that I don't think there's too many engines out there that could easily handle a 150 shot of nitrous without doing anything else it certainly is not a typical "mod".

Besides, they put steering wheels on a car for a reason

Just kidding.
                Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
                  While this is great discussion and all, I think the OP was looking at differences between the engines in a mostly daily driven format. Now aside from the fact that I don't think there's too many engines out there that could easily handle a 150 shot of nitrous without doing anything else it certainly is not a typical "mod".

Besides, they put steering wheels on a car for a reason

Just kidding.
                  Your right. the VR6 is the only engine VW makes that could handle a 150 shot of nitrous and maintain reliability.

Comment

I been taking my car to the track ever since I bought it back 2002. I have ran a 12 sec pass in my car back east on a bfg. I know how hard its to run good times here. last year I was running my 19's or my friends 18's cause I didnt have my slicks then. The best I did was a 14.0@109mph. All of this was done on a smller turbo and stock motor, this year I have built motor and bigger turbo.
                    EURODYNE
                    04 R32T 6266

Comment

That's a hell of a trap speed for a 14! You must have had a heck of a time getting it to hook off the start.

I been taking my car to the track ever since I bought it back 2002. I have ran a 12 sec pass in my car back east on a bfg. I know how hard its to run good times here. last year I was running my 19's or my friends 18's cause I didnt have my slicks then. The best I did was a 14.0@109mph. All of this was done on a smller turbo and stock motor, this year I have built motor and bigger turbo.

Comment

MKII - vr6 - stock with shrick 268 cams w/100 shot no2 = 13.0@107mph - 22" slicks

MKI - vr6 - stock with schrick 268 cams w/150 shot no2 = 13.7@112mph - 205/45/16 toyo tires.

2 examples of LOCAL vr6 cars with stock engines (only cams) and Nitrous.

Comment

Mk2 2300lbs
                          Mk1 2000lbs
                          Mk4 my car 3100lbs with 19's
                          EURODYNE
                          04 R32T 6266

Comment

These are the weights of the actual cars.
                            MkI = 2450lbs.
                            MKII = 2600lbs.

These are 2 VR6 swap cars with no mods at the time except for cams, and nitrous.

I remember a Corrado 2-3 years ago at Budpark. Completely stock VR6 SLC car with a nitrous express 100 shot kit. 14.46@104mph if I recall correctly. It was the very first time he drag raced the car, and had just installed his nitrous kit. He kept getting faster every pass but broke a driveshaft (inner cv). The car weighs about 3000lbs.

Back to my original post. VR6 nitrous kit = $700.
                            Last edited by vr6t; 04-20-2007, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X