Door Knock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Knock

I've started to notice that when I break fast or go diagonally (torquing car body) over speed bumps or curbs, there is a distinct 'knock' in my driver's side door. Has anyone else had this issue? What fixes it?
    '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
    --DUBS--

Re: Door Knock

I'm starting to get the same sound out of my Jetta, and would be interested to know the solution to this.
    Isaac

Instagram:@ipetersphotog
    Then: 2000 Jetta 2.0L (2005-2012)
    Now: 2012 Golf TDI

Comment

I had that. A quick spray of wd40 on the door hinges and its gone! Hose down the hinges with the wd40, open and close the door a bunch to work it in. And you should be good!
      Last edited by The_Stig; 04-04-2007, 03:43 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

lithium grease is a better option, it won't break down any rubber/plastic components in the latch and hinges. WD40 will, over time.
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
          lithium grease is a better option, it won't break down any rubber/plastic components in the latch and hinges. WD40 will, over time.
          True. Dont forget that wd40 is a DEgreaser. Pick up a tube of lithium grease for a few bucks and you should be good.
          2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

it is in fact your door hinge slightly unlatching and relatching itself due to the stress. Easy cure for this is to relube, proper solution is a stress bar to help stiffen the chassis up. Part of one of my panels began to seperate due to this kind of stress.
            Team Highschool
            Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Working...
            X