Annoying Fan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Fan!

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue...when my heater/ventilation fan is on 1 (sometimes 2 as well), it produces an annoying squeaky sound. Is this something I can fix myself (with some WD-40), or should I take it into the stealership? It's really starting to drive me nuts.
    '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
    --DUBS--

Re: Annoying Fan!

same problem, only when cold. not really a squeal, but defiantly a sound on setting 1. If you could get to the motor easily, some grease may help... but that might be a big job.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

my s4 squeaks on a low setting when its cold too.. its lame.. i just live with it now.. i'm out warranty and don't want to pay to get it fixed but you have to replace the motor for like 100-200 bucks

Comment

mine does this too.
        Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
          my s4 squeaks on a low setting when its cold too.. its lame.. i just live with it now.. i'm out warranty and don't want to pay to get it fixed but you have to replace the motor for like 100-200 bucks
          Same problem here...oh, and the quoted $750 to "fix" the problem...yea right, eat my ass for that price. I figure I'll rip the dash apart on a nice sunny day and get er' done!
          Kyle
          2000 Audi S4

Comment

We see a lot of noisy heater fans at the dealership. If you are still on warranty they will replace the heater fan at no cost to you. If its outside warranty your probably best to fix it your self if you have the ability as its not a cheap repair.
            Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Working...
            X