Re: MK3 GTI vr6?

yes chains are important on the vr

go drive it and u will see what we are all talking about with the vr6
    Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

Sounds good, i drove a 2002 jetta vr6 and thought it felt nice, im sure it will feel close to that maybe? Ill being seeing it tomorrow hopefully.
      sigpic

Comment

It'll feel better than the jetta
        I'd like to make a statment!
        2012 Q5
        2011 A5

Comment

Wow thats impressive. Looking forward to it. Ill keep you guys posted.
          sigpic

Comment

So i just went and test drove the gti.

The good.

Paint was in pretty decent condition, not to many rock chips, only a couple door dings.

The vr6 was awesome, drove like stink! i was very impressed. INterior was nice and clean, leather was in decent shape, the sides worn out a little. EVerything seemed to work ok.

The Bad.

Rush on rear hatch, 2 small rust spots on both front fenders. Maybe some rust alot the bottom side of the car, but too hard to tell. Scuff on corner of right bumper. Sides of leather little warn but not terrible. Steering wheel is not stright. He clames he just bought new tires and alligment but the 2 front tires are bald and have a very poor wear pattern. (out side edges warn bad). Clutch was way to hard to push for my liking but maybe thats just how they are, and shifter was kinda sticky and long but im sure could be solved with a short throw.

The car looks pretty good other than its rust. Spension might need replacing might not, back end sits a tad low. interior was nice, engine pulled very stong and sounded nice. brakes a tad shaky and tires needed balancing.

So i think i might pass on the car. what you guys think? the negitive list seems a little long.....
            sigpic

Comment

Talk em down, and throw some coilovers on it!
              2012 Q5
              2011 A5

Comment

Buy new fenders 70$. The steering wheel will be fixed once you do the alignment. The clutch is probably stiff because the clutch cable is about to snap. It costs 20$ and fairly easy to change. Mine snapped two weeks after I bought my car. The rest of the rust.... you have to live with it. Its a mk3, which means its at least 8 years old and at most 14 years old, which is not new!. If you dont want to spend lots of money just get lots of touch up paint.
                I would buy it. Just my $0.02
                Plowing the streets of north side

Comment

Originally posted by me=mk3 View Post
                  Buy new fenders 70$. The steering wheel will be fixed once you do the alignment. The clutch is probably stiff because the clutch cable is about to snap. It costs 20$ and fairly easy to change. Mine snapped two weeks after I bought my car.
                  It's a VR6 which means it has a hydraulic clutch. Shouldn't be hard to push at all..
                  2012 Q5
                  2011 A5

Comment

Originally posted by me=mk3 View Post
                    Buy new fenders 70$.

double that (at least) to paint them though.

Price seems a little high to me but I haven't seen it with my own eyes.
                    Jay

Comment

Working...
                    X