Stereo Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo Problem

Hey everyone, first of all I want to thank everyone for putting up with my 'anonymous noob' questions -and you'll all be happy to know there are no end to them!

So I was sitting in my car yesterday with just the stock tape player running(I know I know, but I haven't gotten around to getting rid of it) and decided to turn it off. I hit the power button and it turned off but now it won't turn on. No power at all.

I'm new to VWs and I have discovered that they kind of do their own thing when it comes to electrical/electronic stuff. Can anyone tell me if I need to reset something or if I've done something awful?? I searched the archives and found nothing similar to what I'm having problems with.
    Last edited by pandyfackler; 03-04-2007, 07:31 PM.

Re: Stereo Problem

I have had the same thing happen twice. It might have to do with the security system. Both times I took it back to the dealer and they had to "unlock" it. Took them maybe 5 mins max to do.
    Now I have an aftermarket deck. No problems since.

Comment

Re: Stereo Problem

Well of course it's working now. I just wish I could remember what combination of clutch, gas, wipers and horn I used to 'unlock' it

Comment

Working...
      X