Cross-Drilled Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross-Drilled Pics?

Does anyone have pics of their cross-drilled rotors on their Jetta/Golf? Is it really worth getting zinc plating with the good ol' Canadian winters? Also, does anyone know anything about PBR/Axxis Metal Master XBG brake pads? Good, bad??
    '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
    --DUBS--

Re: Cross-Drilled Pics?

Zinc coated rotors does make a big difference and will stop rust, but is it worth it? Depends on how much extra they are.
    Chris

Comment

These are mine.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by The_Stig; 02-18-2007, 02:05 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

nothing beats plain rotors, more surface area
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Its crazy the differnce these made. There brembo and they grip like crazy. With pbr pads.
          sigpic

Comment

Stig, am I seeing right? Brembo cross-drilled AND slotted? The distributor I'm talking with says there is no such thing as cross-drilled AND slotted Brembos...only either/or.
            '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
            --DUBS--

Comment

Yes there cross and slotted. and yes there is such thing. I dont know who your talking to but i dont think he has his facts stright. I got them from a company when i was in california. They are real and work fantastic
              sigpic

Comment

I've been talking with Import Replacement Parts. Basically, he told me that if a person were to find the "Brembo cross-drilled AND slotted", that they are essentially Brembo blanks that a third-party company has taken and drilled and slotted (not done at the Brembo factory) and are prone to cracking. He says the "true" Brembos are either drilled OR slotted right at the factory...they don't make the combo rotors there. I've read that elsewhere too, but maybe that's all horse#!@*.
                '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
                --DUBS--

Comment

Dubs - You're correct. Brembo doesn't make a slotted & x-drilled rotor.

ALOT of Brembo x-drilled rotors out there are just plain Brembo's that have been drilled by a 3rd party. That's why they're so cheap, and it also contributes to why x-drilled rotors get a bad rap for cracking.
                  Chris

Comment

crossdrilled, or slotted rotors dont improve your braking.

but a good set of pads will

Just invest in some EBC greens or something, and some braided lines and your braking will be a billion times better

unless of course you want the look of a drilled or slotted rotor (IMO slotted looks better )

Comment

Spring should be due for drilled (for looks) with stainless lines/Hawk pads. Agree than it's not for performance at all.

Khyron
                      Geoff
                      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

How much work/difficulty is involved in putting in stainless lines? Any ballpark estimates on what it would be worth?
                        '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
                        --DUBS--

Comment

So far i have found the PBR ceramic pads to be the best all around performance brake pad. The price is usually pretty good to.

Comment

I have found that driving 25kms under the posted speed limit does wonders for my braking. Its cheap and is saves wear and tear on my car.
                            LOL.....just kidding guys.

Comment

What can everyone say about the 'noise factor' with ceramic/kevlar brake pads? Some guys say they're great, but some say they are pretty "squeaky". Any comments on that?
                              '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
                              --DUBS--

Comment

Working...
                              X