air bag fault seatbelt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air bag fault seatbelt

I have a 2001 vf6 golf and I have a air bag fault. Had it scanned and its the seatbealt. I was wonder if I could maybe splice together to wires in the seatbelt to cancel this vault Or is there another solution. A new seatbelt is 170 dollars too much. Thaxs for your help

Re: air bag fault seatbelt

ya you can do that but you have to splice in a resistor,your going to have to measure the resistance of the buckle,but first get a wiring diagram,because it is an open or closed circuit.

Comment

Well I guess my next question would be does anybody have the wiring diagram for the seatbelt. Im an electrician so I could figure it out if I had 1.

Comment

You do not want to cancel out the airbag feature of the seatbelt. Then an airbag is deployed there is a pin that fires out and retracts/stops the seatbelt so you don't go flying into the airbag. If you want to possibly kill yourself feel free but you will have a tough time finding anyone to help you.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Well I wont be doing that lol. What is another option do u think besides giving vw lots of $$

Comment

Working...
          X