Ticketed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ticketed!

Thats my friends car. I dont know how many % his front windows are tinted but they are f...... dark and he didnt get a ticket yet. I guess edmonton pigs are better then the ones down south
    Plowing the streets of north side

Comment

Originally posted by TDI DUB View Post
      That sucks, I've had a cop make me peel it off and show him so I gould get my registration back. It's not the ammount of tint that is illegal, it's the application of film on the glass. It prefents the safety glass from being safe. It's supposed to break into tiny pieces, but with tint, it all stays together and all the sharp pieces can get wrapped around your head.

That is why FIA mandates use of minimum clear tint in all forms of motorsports on side glass, to prevent it from spraying tiny pices all over the car.
      Last edited by PrezeS_PL; 01-31-2007, 08:11 PM.
      Chris

DR1665: "DSM: Turning average guys into master mechanics since 1989."

Comment

Sucks Jer.
        Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
        You dig sucka?!

Comment

I'm running 20% all 'round and it looks super hot, but the price tag is there when the cops are feelin' greedy. boo.
          1) 2007 Candy white MKV GTI. DSG, votex kit, 19" Privat netz, tinted tails, smoked side markers & mirror signals, 20% tint, TT stubby, APR sport 3" turbo back exhaust, ABD stage 2 cold air intake. GONE.
          2) 1993 Green Corrado VR6. ABD intake. FK Silverline coils, Zimmerman cross drilled & slotted rotors. GONE.

Comment

And if im not mistaken, doesnt the fine go up if you are caught again? Thats what I was told with my last car...

Comment

I've been tagged twice, both times that was the only offence (not in addition to a speeding ticket). Nothing since the price went up though, knock on wood. And I'm only 35% on the sides.

Khyron
              Geoff
              Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Someone was talkin about tint being dangerous for when the glass breaks earlier in the thread..

Well today i was driving on deerfoot and the car beside me shot a rock at my car which happened to hit my driver side window. Glass shattered instantly scared the **** outta me, the only thing holding the window together is the tint pretty much.

So im not sure about this tint not being safe thing.. im glad i had tint today though.
                Last edited by mk4jetta; 02-01-2007, 09:13 PM.
                Justin

Comment

I hate rocks!!
                  I had a semi pass me on the highway and it shot this huge rock at my windshield. I have a nice half circle crack about the size of a VW logo
                  -Drew
                  2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
                  1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

F*** I absolutley hate driving my ne MKV on deerfoot, even if I keep a safe distance back as to not get blasted with any rocks there's always some jack *** in an SUV that rips by and into my lane flinging rocks everywhere anyways! And to think I said no to the 3M on the car, that problem will be fixed this spring, after a few paint touch-ups, grr.

trying to find an older MK2 gti to drive in the winter from today on, anyone got a few leads PM, wanna get the ball rollin on the winter car ASAP!
                    Last edited by Bullfrog; 02-02-2007, 11:30 AM.
                    1) 2007 Candy white MKV GTI. DSG, votex kit, 19" Privat netz, tinted tails, smoked side markers & mirror signals, 20% tint, TT stubby, APR sport 3" turbo back exhaust, ABD stage 2 cold air intake. GONE.
                    2) 1993 Green Corrado VR6. ABD intake. FK Silverline coils, Zimmerman cross drilled & slotted rotors. GONE.

Comment

I didn't like the 3M after a season. Instead of respraying, consider a winter bumper/hood.

Khyron
                      Geoff
                      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Holy crap that must have woken you up,
                        back in the uk while on the motorway in my old Mk2 GTI I had a wheel nut from a truck embed itself in the windshield. the truck was coming in the opposite direction and i actually saw the nut take off, arc through the sky and then it feckin landed right on top of me. That did scare the hell outa me. luckily the glass didnt break up, just crazed.
                        Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

i have 2% i think all around (as dark as it gets) and ive had 3 speeding tickets in calgary and have never had the cop say a single thing about it.. 3 years and counting.......
                          02 GTI
                          Jared

Comment

I had 50% on my fronts here is Saskatchewitch...on my old car. I got hassled twice by city cops in my old hometown and once here. I kept telling them, "the car came with it. I had no idea it was illegal"...lol. Worked every time, until I got pulled over on the highway by an RC. He was a real supertrooper; wouldn't hear my terrible excuse and slapped a $90 ticket on me and an "inspection notice"...had to take the tint off and take it to an RC station to get it checked. The RC doing the "inspection" looked out the front door of the station and said "yep, it's off" (the car was 100ft away, lol). He told me he thinks it's a lame law and that they don't really know why it's illegal, it just is. He "thinks" it's in place mainly for the black fronts where a guy could, theoretically, reach into the glove box and pull a gun without an officer knowing it, roll down the window and *blam*. Stupid, but possible.
                            '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
                            --DUBS--

Comment

What about radar decetors?

I heard that any tint on the glass you point a radar detector through affects the detector's range. So I'm assuming metallicized tints are worse than dyed tints.
                              Last edited by Stewy; 02-22-2007, 11:32 PM.
                              Keel -- '02 Veedub; Golf 2.SLOW.

Comment

Working...
                              X