Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errr not again!!

Im not sure what it is with my car..
    The airbag light came on once again last night. I fixed this problem last month.
    It turned out to be nothing. It seemed to come on after I installed my deck last time. This time I just intalled a neon tube in the back thats hooked up to my 12 volt outlet in the back.
    Im wondering if I could possibly be tripping something in the electronics by overloading the battery. Could this be a possiblity?
    -Drew
    2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
    1990 Lincoln Continental

Re: Errr not again!!

nope
    not unless you wired into the airbag system and im sure you would have noticedthe pillow like object comming from the wheel when you turned n the neon
    sigpic

Comment

haha

try and scan it with a vagcom.. and clear the code and see if it comes back.. or unhook ze neon
      Last edited by R_Ethug; 01-31-2007, 08:16 AM.

Comment

i heard you can only do that on 2002+ cars, cause if you scan airbags on older cars the light comes on and the only way to make it go away is buy a new controller...
        Last edited by bart; 01-31-2007, 12:37 PM.
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

My air bag light came on after a really cold start and the battery was very low. If i unplug the battery for a few then back on, will the light come back on? or will it reset it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bart View Post
            i heard you can only do that on 2002+ cars, cause if you scan airbags on older cars the light comes on and the only way to make it go away is buy a new controller...
            2000-2001 Golf/GTI/Jetta/Beetle Airbag System (important!)

We have had a number of reports of Air Bag Warning Lights staying on permanently after scanning with VAG-COM versions prior to 402.3.

Update: All part numbers of airbag controllers should work fine with current versions of VAG-COM when used with our current Interfaces.
            Stefan
            -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
            -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
            -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Ive unplugged the neon from the back but its still on. Ill try to disconnect the battery to see if it resets I guess than.
              Thanks
              -Drew
              2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
              1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

Working...
              X