• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Me mother

Could maybe stand that wagon..

Khyron
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I would say the V70 is comparable to the A4 and Passat I don't think it would be a whole lot bigger.

Only issue you'll have is finding a V6 as it will all be inline 5 turbos (which by the way have a great sound).
      Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
        I would say the V70 is comparable to the A4 and Passat I don't think it would be a whole lot bigger.

Only issue you'll have is finding a V6 as it will all be inline 5 turbos (which by the way have a great sound).
        That was one of his major complaints with the last volvo they owned...crazy turbo lag..Im not exactly sure of the engine but it was a 2001 s70 turbo sedan..Pretty nice car but it was plagued with mechanical issues.

you could literally count to 3 after you floored it before you felt the turbo punch lol
        REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
        -james

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
          That was one of his major complaints with the last volvo they owned...crazy turbo lag..Im not exactly sure of the engine but it was a 2001 s70 turbo sedan..Pretty nice car but it was plagued with mechanical issues.

you could literally count to 3 after you floored it before you felt the turbo punch lol
          Haha, well i'm still a Volvo noob so i'm not sure what the differences are between the s70 and the newer cars. I know that my car has almost no turbo lag (probably even less than the 2.0T which I found pretty good) but I have a different turbo than the bigger cars so it's hard to compare.
          Jay

Comment

Sorry about the post hijack. Someone actually makes that 911 Carerra hatch conversion. Or made one. Yes, ugly.

I was serious about test driving a Cayenne though.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

GREAT SUCCESS!
              I was over at the 'rents place last night and my dad was saying that the S4 avant is the front runner.

His reasoning was its 10k more than a loaded 3.2 sline and it'll be hella more fun! Im pushin them for Brilliant Red but Dolphin Grey is what the mom likes.

I've already told them im buying the wagon off them for a steal of a deal in 4 years hahaha
              REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
              -james

Comment

Nothing wrong with that choice, and I am hoping for a long-term deal like that for my Dad's next car
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                  Nothing wrong with that choice, and I am hoping for a long-term deal like that for my Dad's next car
                  I'm going to offer your dad $2K more than whatever your offer ends up being.
                  2008 Audi RS4
                  2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Working...
                  X