Extra Car Heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Car Heater

Can I install an after market plug in heater for my 2007 Rabbit? I find when it hits -15 I freeze my bum off in my car. I like to be super warm on my legs and find to keep my windows clear I can't have the heater on my feet and legs as well as the windows to be effective.

I have a garage for me car but I was thinking of one of those heater syou plug into the cig lighter.

Yeah I know I'm a wimpy West coast transplanted now to Alberta.

any suggestions on where to buy, make etc...?
    Some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Re: Extra Car Heater

do it up right, get a coolant heater
    Dylan
    (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

I have a coolant heater/ BLOCK heater already installed on my rabbit.

I'm talking about an inside heater besides the current one that is in the car. Hey if I could put a mini ceramic heater in my car I would for the cold days like we had there in November BRRR 2006.

Comment

you don't have instant heat with your coolant heater?
        Dylan
        (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

I haven't had to plug my car in this winter so far. When the Car is already warm it is not hot enough for me. Which is why I'm looking another heater. plus if I put the heater on Defrost and my legs I still am cold.

I know I'm a wimp.

Comment

you can buy those 12v plug in heaters from crappy tire

Comment

Originally posted by Cordialtea View Post
              I haven't had to plug my car in this winter so far. When the Car is already warm it is not hot enough for me. Which is why I'm looking another heater. plus if I put the heater on Defrost and my legs I still am cold.

I know I'm a wimp.
              So what your saying is, even when the car is totally warmed up, and the heat and fan is up full blast, you're still cold?! You ARE a wimp, just kidding.

Did you have this problem with your mk4 too?

I'm not sure there's really a "fix" unless like Ryan said, get a 12v heater in your car.
              Jay

Comment

What are you wearing? Sometimes you really do have to dress for the winter/arctic. Some fleece camping long johns and you'll be toasty.

You should always be dressed so that you won't actually die if the heater was to crap out, or a window was to shatter, or you get stranded somewhere and have to walk a mile.

Khyron
                Last edited by Khyron; 01-04-2007, 11:40 PM.
                Geoff
                Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I was thinking of a 12 Volt heater Just not sure weather to buy one at Crappy Tire or if i should look elsewhere?

Yes I had this Problem with my Golf Mk4, my Mk5 rabbit is a bit better than the Golf but not by much.

Comment

I have three layers on going to work, it when it -15 and lower that I freeze. -10 and above I'm fine no problem nice and toasty.

So I think it is time for me to buy and extra heater to keep me warm , Tropical like.

I have poor circulation, I know. Every woman knows you guys are always warm which is why we love snuggling up to you men. hehe

Comment

Working...
                    X