Getting an attempted redirect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting an attempted redirect

Hey all, I was just wondering, I tried to go to CVD a couple times but as soon as I try to go to the forum it tries to redirect me to some "bizcounter" site. The site can no longer be found so the redirect doesn't go anywhere.

Just wondering if any of you know what it could be and what I can do 'cause i'm on the inlaws PC and would like to sort it for them before I leave.

Anyway, I have AVG anti-virus and AVG anti-spyware and they are both up to date and I have recently scanned. I also have the anti-phishing on IE7.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Jay

Re: Getting an attempted redirect

are you typing in the www part too? some spyware redirects you to their ad sites only if you dont type in the www part... anyway it works for me without the www, so ya there is a problem on your end.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Deleting the temp internet files can often fix issues like this.....
      2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

i get this on the work computer with cvd..sometimes it works sometimes it re-directs like u described
        Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

Well, I tried deleting all the temp internet files and still not working. I'm probably just going to give up.

for those that may or may not be interested it's trying to redirect to "http://bestcounter.biz/dl/adv439.php"

No Idea what the deal is.
          Jay

Comment

its spyware, not too many cache files.
            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Working...
            X