Xbox 360 Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 Question...

I haven't really kept up with the video game scene lately, but would like to get an Xbox 360 (Sony just doesn't do it for me). I want to know if the newest or soon-to-come 360's will come standard with the HD DVD drive like the PS3's do, or will you still have to buy the add-on drive (for another $200)? I would like to buy one right away, but would wait if future ones will have the HD drive...
    Last edited by Smarty39; 11-27-2006, 11:34 AM.
    Kyle
    2000 Audi S4

Re: Xbox 360 Question...

It's an add-on and probably will be for quite some time.
    Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Yeah, I don't think it will come with the HD-DVD drive for a long time, possibly never. $Xbox 360 + $HD-DVD Drive = $PS3. All I can see happening is Microsoft reducing the price as the PS3 drops in price... they will probably always be fairly close in price.
      Last edited by Billip; 11-27-2006, 11:48 AM.
      billip
      2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

yea that add on drive is retarded.. one of the best parts about the PS3 is the fact it will do blu ray movies at least.. but yea just have to get a hold of one.. the xbox HD drive is amazing i'm sure but for the price MS should put them out standard now but who knows

Comment

Well it is just that it is only for movies and not games so it is not really needed for most people, hence why it is an add on. However for those of you who want an HD DVD player it is a very economical option and pretty impressive I hear too!!
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

It would be nice if the HD-DVD gets put into the unit as I am going to be getting another one once the house is done but I doubt that will happen any time soon.
            Jay

Comment

cough up and buy the add on. the PS3 is a paperweight in comparison to the 360. Sony once again releases one of the most overhyped things ever. The Wii is doing better than the PS3 is.
              Team Highschool
              Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Working...
              X