Headlights don't stay adjusted!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights don't stay adjusted!!!

Just installed my new HIDs a couple weeks ago, and though I had them adjusted properly so that they weren't blinding people. Unfortunately the driver's side housing didn't stay adjusted. Even worse, I have no tools since I recently moved to Edmonton to fix this.

Until I can save enough to probably purchase a set of projectors, i'll probably have to keep readjusting the dam things. Does anybody know a way that I can keep the housings adjusted and make sure that they stay at that height? and not have to worry about the light eventually changing after a couple of weeks.
    Isaac

Instagram:@ipetersphotog
    Then: 2000 Jetta 2.0L (2005-2012)
    Now: 2012 Golf TDI

Re: Headlights don't stay adjusted!!!

What headlights are you using with your hid kit?

Khyron
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
      What headlights are you using with your hid kit?

Khyron
      Just the stock housings for now. I figure i'll have enough in about a month to purchase projectors, so I'm looking for a temporary solution.
      Isaac

Comment

WTF - stock mk4 lights are reflectors, if you got a kit for that you can't just buy projectors! They are totally different bulbs. Better hope you don't run into any cops at night. :(

Khyron
        Geoff

Comment

I don't have stock bulbs, I have the HID bulbs. Trying to find the headlight assemblies (housings) that can fit the bulbs. I thought that projectors fit the bulb used for HIDs?
          Isaac

Comment

HID bulbs are just Xenon as opposed to Halogen. They still come in all the different sizes. So for the stock mk4 lights, it's the 9007 or the 9004 (i forget) while my projector housings take H1 and H3 bulbs. Problem is your kit will only accept one type while I don't think you'll find projectors that will work with the housing and that socket. So even if you bought the FK or Helix lights, your kit wouldn't work (at least according to the different types they sell online).

Khyron
            Geoff

Comment

well then, that bring's me back to the first reason I posted. Is there any way to stop the housings from moving up besides readjusting the vertical height every couple of weeks.
              Isaac

Comment

They shouldn't be doing that in the first place. You may have broke one of the adjustment wheels etc, best to remove the lights and inspect them, or better yet remove them and get the right lights before you blind someone.
                Name: Brent
                His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
                X