Bump keys..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump keys..

Hey I saw this and thought I would warn you. Nobody's safe.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...13949300140850
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Re: Bump keys..

saw that on the news last week... scary ****. Im going to replace all my locks next week (been putting it off for a while already)

Present
    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
    2003 VW Jetta GLI
    1992 VW Jetta GL
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

A friend bought a house and the key for it is one where the pins come in from the side, not the top. It looks like one for an apartment, I can see why the other owner would switch them. To think, how many houses use the same style key.

Comment

Bumping keys has been around for many many years, heck there is even a video of a 11 year old bumping a lock. Some types are better then others, I just read an article a month or so back that explained everything about the lock styles etc. If you are that paranoid about someone bumping your lock you can go out and spend about $500-1000 a lock and back yourself feel safe and your wallet lighter.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Wow, that looked way to easy, thats some scary ****
          When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Comment

Get a punch code dead bolt, not one of the electronic ones either, im sure those can be hacked somehow, get one of those metal ones with the mechanical style buttons. Can't beat that...

*waits for someone to prove him wrong*
            Dylan
            (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

Problem solved.
              Attached Files
              2008 Audi RS4
              2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                Problem solved.
                LOL! That will do it alright.
                Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                You dig sucka?!

Comment

Working...
                X