New TV - Plasma/LCD, etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New TV - Plasma/LCD, etc...

Normally, for me, I like video game systems....but I fricken LOVE my 360.

I'm enjoying this thread as we're going to be looking into another tv soon, but not until our house is close to being done.
    Last edited by Tuna; 10-31-2006, 08:57 PM.
    Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
      I know a few people who have actual Projectors and let me tell you, its phenomenal. And pretty affordable now. You don't even need a screen... you do need a large, white wall. Watching a 12' wide movie is way, way better than a 50" wide movie!!!!
      12' wide screen = 165" diagonal assuming you are using a 16:9 aspect ratio. That is a big freekin screen. How far back are you sitting?

I have a projector in my home (dedicated theatre), our seats are at 16' and we use a 90" screen. Any bigger than that would be like sitting in the front seat at the theatre from our seating distance. You would have to have a pretty good projector to make a 165" picture look "phenomenal" which takes the affordability out of it.
      Jeff
      2006 Jetta TDI

"If you think you don't like change, you will like obsolesence even less."

Comment

Originally posted by hifiguy
        12' wide screen = 165" diagonal assuming you are using a 16:9 aspect ratio. That is a big freekin screen. How far back are you sitting?
        nice trig!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
          yea kris.. 1080p with the fall update on the 360.. still debating a 360 or an exhaust system lol
          A 360 is far cheaper than an exhaust I am sure, so get both

Is there anyway to get the 360 dashboard update without being on live? I also got my Harmony 360 remote yesterday too, to tie all my stuff together!!
          Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 11-01-2006, 08:20 AM.
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
            A 360 is far cheaper than an exhaust I am sure, so get both

Is there anyway to get the 360 dashboard update without being on live? I also got my Harmony 360 remote yesterday too, to tie all my stuff together!!
            You can probably get the update just by plugging your 360 into your internet port. My old xbox used to give me updates even though I didn't have live.

Otherwise go to someones house that has it, plug it in and voila.

Man, I need to get a new remote 3 remotes plus a 360 controller is just stupid.

Edit: Oh yea, you actually do have live "silver" by default because it's free so you should be able to get it with an internet connection (and you'll probably have to make an account).
            Last edited by Tuna; 11-01-2006, 09:51 AM.
            Jay

Comment

Re: Projectors...

They are affordable, but my friend's is not affordable He has a huge basement too, we can sit back quite a ways. The picture basically goes ceiling to about a foot and a half off the floor. I was estimating the width, but its freaking wide.
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
              X