Best Current Detailing Products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Current Detailing Products?

Looking to get some stuff to clean the car with. Would like products that i can get in town here somwhere

Interior - ? 303 but where can i get this?
    Leather - ? Malco or lexol leather conditioner? wheres this stuff sold
    Engine Bay - ?
    Rims - ?
    Windows - ? windex sucks
    Carpets - ? to make them completely spotless? some kind of steamcleaner?
    Wax i use nxt

Thx
    Last edited by Silverfire; 10-12-2006, 08:46 AM.
    Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Re: Best Current Detailing Products?

found malco leather conditioner at Maclin Ford

anyone recommend a small steam cleaner out there for a decent price?
    Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

I bought my 303 at crappy tire.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
        I bought my 303 at crappy tire.
        What is 303? Who makes it?
        Tint sucks

Comment

I believe it is called aerospace 303, not sure who makes it. It is a great cleaner that leaves your dash with a nice dull looks rather then the craptastic armorall look.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

It is called 303 Aerospace Protectant.
            Silverfire, I bought a bottle of it from the Shawnessy Canadian tire for $13 bucks. I use it like a couple times a year maximum and my interior looks like new. Keeps it looking good for a hella long time.

What I do is first scrub all plastic with an upholstery brush and soapy water, then wipe it off to get all the dirty water off. Then apply 303. Bada bing bada boom...interior looks amazing!!!

For windows, use newspaper as it does not leave streaks.

Comment

ya picked some 303 up today thx

as for the malco leather conditioner i cant believe how good it works....id recommend it to anyone with any leather it brings it back to almost as soft as stock and dosnt leave it shinny at all

also got some mequires scratch X and a mequires swirl/scratch remover polish and that stuff also worked wonders..now just need to put some nxt on and it will be good to go for the winter in the garage
              Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

hmmm , good info
                Dylan
                (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

Originally posted by Silverfire
                  Looking to get some stuff to clean the car with. Would like products that i can get in town here somwhere

Interior - ? 303 but where can i get this?
                  Leather - ? Malco or lexol leather conditioner? wheres this stuff sold
                  Engine Bay - ?
                  Rims - ?
                  Windows - ? windex sucks
                  Carpets - ? to make them completely spotless? some kind of steamcleaner?
                  Wax i use nxt

Thx

303 from Canadian Tire
                  Leather: I like Lexol. I think you can buy it at Lamlee's or any place that sells riding equipment.
                  engine bay: i use a citrus-based degreaser and then 303 to make the rubber and plastic bits black again.
                  windows: 1:1 vinegar:water or Eagle 1 20/20. use newspaper to get kickass streak-free glass.

edit: IMHO, Meguiar's Scratch-X is garbage. use their #9 swirl mark remover for light swirls.
                  Last edited by zilla; 10-16-2006, 03:43 PM.
                  Tim
                  "When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer."

Comment

I also did not like "Scratch X".
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Silverfire
                      ya picked some 303 up today thx

as for the malco leather conditioner i cant believe how good it works....id recommend it to anyone with any leather it brings it back to almost as soft as stock and dosnt leave it shinny at all

also got some mequires scratch X and a mequires swirl/scratch remover polish and that stuff also worked wonders..now just need to put some nxt on and it will be good to go for the winter in the garage
                      Don't use NXT over the scatch X. The NXT has cleaners and will lift the fillers from the scratch X, thus making the scratch X a waste of time.
                      Tint sucks

Comment

use what then?
                        i love nxt for during the summer season waxes since its so easy to use but is there a better wax to use that takes more effort to use?
                        Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

If you want to stick with Meguiar's (and are doing it by hand) i recommend using #9 first and then #7/#26 combo (2 layers of #7, 3+ layers of #26). If mailorder is ok, then i recommend the poorboys SSR 1 and 2.5 with Natty's wax. you can get them from eshine.ca in toronto.

Here's an example of the #7/#26 combo:

If you want a wax that's easier to work with, try S-100 (aka P21S). you can get it thru your nearest harley davidson dealership.

My personal favourite right now are the Klasse twins topped with #26.
                          Last edited by zilla; 10-17-2006, 08:29 AM.
                          Tim
                          "When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer."

Comment

ok ill try that SSR 1 and 2.5 with Natty's wax from eshine.ca...how many coats of each and in what order should i use for them?
                            thx

or what is the #7/#26 combo and where can i get it since i have a coat of #9 on there right now
                            Last edited by Silverfire; 10-17-2006, 09:40 AM.
                            Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

before you start blindly applying polish, head over to autopia.org and learn everything you can.

my 2 cents would be to wait for spring to do a full detail.
                              Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X