Take Your Best Shot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Take Your Best Shot!

back from the dead.....for borders I use a program called photoworks. resizes them and everything, can add image ssignatures, etc.....anyhow, here's me messing around again..

Nikon D80, 1/800, f4.5, ISO 200, SB600 wireless

Nikon D80, 1/250, f8, ISO 100, SB600 wireless

Nikon D80, 1/125, f5, ISO 800, on board flash

Last edited by Aleks; 11-29-2006, 10:38 PM.
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

How are you liking the D80? Enjoyed mine on holidays but I wasn't paying close enough attention to the Auto ISO, it kept kicking up to pretty high sensitivities when it wasn't necessary. I never had that problem with the D70!

Comment

As you can see with the ISO 800 shot there is little noise....Not much different with 1600, and some noise at 3200.....I'll post up some pics sometime in the next couple days.....I like the D80, I was really used to the D50 so I took nicer photos, but I'm almost to 1000 shots with the D80 so they will get better

edit: i always shoot manual settings, so I haven't tried auto iso.....did you set the max/min's?
        Last edited by Aleks; 11-29-2006, 10:39 PM.
        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

anyone recommend a good photography for semi-n00bs book?

I figured out the border thing, super easy!
          Last edited by Coker Rat; 11-30-2006, 03:03 PM.
          Dylan
          (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

I left the Auto ISO settings at default, I'd bump the min down to 1/30th or so for general use, also there's another option, something the opposite of 'Max Sensitivity', I've set it there, and now upon thinking more about it I'll probably bump the min way down to something like 1/8.

That way if I need to manually set the ISO to get a shot I can, but the camera won't be doing it to me prematurely.

Comment

Just remember there isn't much you can handhold down under 1/60 though....works ok with VR lenses...

Comment

Right you are, I have success down to 1/30, my reasoning in the above was that I'll notice the shutter speed every shot (I'll likely be setting it) but I don't want the camera kicking around ISOs on me.

Comment

Working...
                X