Take Your Best Shot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Take Your Best Shot!

How do you guys get such cool photos and effects with you cameras? its it all from the camera or photoshopped? I really like this kind of stuff but i just have a basic point and shoot digital camera. What would be a good camera to do these types of cool shots? I want to learn!
    sigpic

Comment

i would recommend taking a class or, if you have the patience for it, learn about it online. to me, photography is 50% art and 50% technical knowledge. You need to know what you're doing when it comes to things like shutter speeds, aperture, depth of field, macro shots, exposure times/lighting, etc. I'm not saying you need to know all of it (I sure dont) but it's definitely worth while to just lay the ground work and get some basic lessons or tutorials under your belt.

Comment

i also have wondered about all these pics u guys post, makes me wanna go out and get a fancy SLR camera.
        Justin

Comment

Originally posted by The_Stig
          How do you guys get such cool photos and effects with you cameras? its it all from the camera or photoshopped? I really like this kind of stuff but i just have a basic point and shoot digital camera. What would be a good camera to do these types of cool shots? I want to learn!
          FYI, the only photo I've added effects to EVER was that moon shot...and all I added was lens flare (obviously, as there was no sunlight in the photo!!!)... Its all about patience, and taking lots of photos...

Originally posted by mk4jetta
          i also have wondered about all these pics u guys post, makes me wanna go out and get a fancy SLR camera.
          buy mine!
          Last edited by Aleks; 10-13-2006, 09:33 AM.
          2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
          2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
          2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Heres my attempt at Macro
            Mitesh

Comment

Here's one of my many images that i've taken recently:

Isaac

Instagram:@ipetersphotog
              Then: 2000 Jetta 2.0L (2005-2012)
              Now: 2012 Golf TDI

Comment

the only thing that i do to my pics in photoshop is to add a border and sharpen the pics ever so slightly.
                Tim
                "When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer."

Comment

Originally posted by zilla
                  the only thing that i do to my pics in photoshop is to add a border and sharpen the pics ever so slightly.
                  How do you add a border? Easy?
                  Dylan
                  (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

http://www.ehow.com/how_6395_add-border-picture.html
                    Tim
                    "When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer."

Comment

Ooops, hit post twice by accident... Can the mods please delete this one?
                      Last edited by Derick; 10-31-2006, 05:31 PM.
                      Derick

Comment

Bringing this thread back to life with some Halloween shots I took over the weekend... Happy Halloween Everyone!

Derick

Comment

Great pics as always D!!!
                          Blair
                          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

when I try to make a border I always get a faded effect... I don't even know why it's modifying outside the selection... wtf?!

Dylan
                            (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

Check the brush you're using when making the border.
                              2008 Audi RS4
                              2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Can't help you with the border.. but I did go out today and take some snapshots...

Comment

Working...
                                X