mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mac?

So I think I am going to pick up a new mac laptop for school next year, looking for some input from the mac users in the group... I was thinking about the PowerBookG4 12-inch, the only thing I am thinking is that the screen size will be to small to do any programming on (ie. needing more then on file open and not having the room to look at both) on the other hand I don’t want to have a huge laptop to carry around school.

I have heard lots about the new Intel chips going into the Mac’s and about being able or not being about the dual boot vista on it do to the start up procedures on them. Any idea of when the Intel chipped laptops are coming out and if vista will dual boot on them?
    2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
    My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Re: mac?

the macbook pros are really fast lappies and have been out for a while so

i have an intel 20" imac and its awesome.. i wouldn't buy a PPC based one anymore as its all going to intel now so..
    and google apple bootcamp it lets you dual boot XP and its been fixed for vista already but people so you can do it no problem..

Comment

Only the 15inch mac pook pros are out .. I currently have a 12inch g4 .. and waitting for the 12inch mac book pro ..
      William

Comment

The iBook is going to be the next product line Apple "Intelizes". Rumor has it a company in Taiwan has already been awarded the contract to build them, so it is very close... perhaps they will be announced at WWDW.

Definitely get an Intel based Mac, for sure... especially if you're doing software development... because if you wanted to you could boot into Windows and do Visual Studio/.NET development.

As for the screen size, that's completely a personal decision. What are you comfortable with? Also remember that you could hook up an external display to both the iBook or MacBook Pro, which would give you a little more screen real estate.
        billip
        2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Working...
        X