My worst ride ever!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My worst ride ever!!

Well first I would like to say that all three of us passengers walked away. Second I was not the driver and the last thing I said was slow down. Alcohol was not a factor, stupidity was. I would like to think that this may help you think what are you willing to lose, because we ended up lucky but I cant beleive for what happen it didnt have a more fatal out come.

Location Mcknight and 36th east bound in westbound lane.
    Airbags are voilent but useful, and I broke a foot bone (I was the front passenger). Other injuries were fairly minor with more than a few stiches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_1154.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	512974Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_1157.JPG
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	512975Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_1166.JPG
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	512976
    Chris :

2004 Jetta TDI Sport SOLD
    2010 Toyota Tundra CrewCab TRD

Re: My worst ride ever!!

WOW!

Glad to hear you're ok Chris, because in the end.... that's all that matters.

That looks pretty nasty though.
    Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

WTF happend!!!!

Comment

wow .. yeah, glad you are ok.
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
          WTF happend!!!!
          No kidding

Glad your ok
          Graeme

2015 S4
          2018 Monster 1200S

Comment

Holy Crapola.
            Good to hear you're doing so well.
            For the sake of it being a learning experience, I hope the driver didn't fare as well.
            Please do share the full story, now I'm really curious!

Comment

Ouch, glad to hear everyone is ok.
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                WTF happend!!!!
                A little more detail. We got passed apparently some drivers don't like this sort of thing. Luckily for everyone there were no other drivers on the road coming from the other direction cause this would have been real messy.
                With the "LITTLE" bit of extra speed we over the limit we lost all traction going through the intersection currently under construction, so now that there is a bit of a curve to manuvure all that happened was us hitting the curb on the outside. After this I'm unclear of what really took place I didn't even realize the air bag went off till I was trying to get my shoe out from between the floor boards and the dash which I was unsuccessful. During the unclear part we hit the meridian dividing the east and west bound lanes and jumped over them.
                Passing the scene yesterday after the incident and hospital trip I did see zebra stripes on the east bound side that would lead me to believe we hit it going the east bound direction.
                The car when stopped was on its roof pointing west bound in the west bound lanes.

I'm kind of surprised to say that the life passing your eyes experience didn't happen to me the only thing I was thinking is are we ever going to stop sliding. After about 400 feet we accomplished this. The 2 of us in the front unbuckled and removed our selves fairly quickly the rear passenger was not in the car when we stopped and was very lucky to only have a possible concussion with a nick in the fore head requiring 5 stitches.

The driver in my opinion did receive the worst of it 15 stitches in a variety of locations.

Myself I feel like I had my butt kicked with the shiner to prove it. My vision is blurry in right eye due to the air bag giving me rug burn on a lot of the right side of my face and eye, other than that I broke a bone in my foot that took about 2 hours to realize because it didn't have much for pain till we got to the hospital and I had been walking on it for over an hour at the scene. Overall we got off allot luckier than we should have and all believe that hopefully we all learned a lot from it. Driving stick will be interesting with this stupid cast.

I would like to thank the 4 drivers that stopped to give us a hand before EMS and Fire Service showed up.
                Chris :

Comment

Jeebus!! That is quite the ordeal!

Present
                  2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                  2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                  2003 VW Jetta GLI
                  1992 VW Jetta GL
                  1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

So, you guys got passed, the driver of the vehicle got really mad and stomped on it to pass the guy who passed him?....
                    If you guys were only going a little over the limit I can't imagine it would have ended up this way.

Honestly, I'd never get in a car with that driver again. Good to hear you're alright. Although I'm not exactly clear on what happened, it sounds exciting...

Comment

Yeah Im not impressed with what happened and Im more than positive he learned his lesson.
                      "LITTLE" was not an honest answer but thats why I wrote it the way I did. Hope that helps.
                      Chris :

Comment

Wow that really sucks! Airbag saves major damage once again by the sounds of it. We all have to look at this positively though, there is one less unfire on the road now
                        Name: Brent
                        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
                          Wow that really sucks! Airbag saves major damage once again by the sounds of it. We all have to look at this positively though, there is one less unfire on the road now
                          How true but I think you goofed on the spelling
                          S-U-N-F-L-O-W-E-R
                          Chris :

Comment

WOW! All I can say is some higher power was looking after you that night. I'm glad no one was killed.
                            Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                            You dig sucka?!

Comment

Well heres a shot from the top and why I had a hard time finding my shoe.
                              Man I cant believe for myself I walked away let alone all 3 of us.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_1170.JPG
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	510919Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_1180.JPG
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	510920
                              Last edited by JettaSport; 04-09-2006, 07:46 PM.
                              Chris :

Comment

Working...
                              X