Summer Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Job?

As many of you know I am currently in my 2nd year at the U of C in Computer Engg. With the end of the school year just around the corner I am back looking for a job as the company I worked for last year (Harvest Energy) just went through a big merge with another company (Viking). If anyone has heard around the office or through the grape vine of any jobs around the city please let me know, I would really like to get something in the tech sector this year but I will do almost anything.
    2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
    My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Re: Summer Job?

Are you looking for a more development-oriented roll or just anything technical?
    Last edited by James; 02-23-2006, 02:08 PM.
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Comment

anything technical... as I have yet to have anything really related to my degree.

First summer: stacking 50lb bricks/cement work on Crowchild for the sound wall.
      Second summer: digging ditch’s/install for irrigation.
      Third summer: accounts payable for oil and gas company.

So anything in the tech sector would be great, like I said above my degree is in computer engineering from the U of C… so I have a background in Programming (Java, C, C++), Electrical circuits, Digital circuits.
      2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

might not be anything at the moment, but Cansel and Butler and some of the other resellers and developers of Land Surveying instruments often have positions requiring a simmilar skill set. Also NovAtel sometimes has postings http://www.novatel.com/careers.html. Might be more then summer work, but there may at least be an assistant position to get you in. About all my company has to offer is position of Surveying Assistant (not the greatest pay in the world), unless you are AutoCAD savey.

good luck!
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Yeah so I am still looking for a summer job, just wanted to see if anyone has heard anything around the water cooler.
          2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

go see career services or speak to someone in the Eng Dept. They are looking for people left right and center to fill spots. I'm on the FSAE team and every single one of our members who are in Eng, including 2 comp eng got summer internships.
            Team Highschool
            Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Try www.nexeninc.com. They hire a ton of IT summer students every year.
              1989 Golf Diesel (2001 TDI powered before teh apocalypse)
              1992 Jetta TD
              2001 Jetta TDI
              1999 GTI resto
              1996 AEB GTI project

Comment

Working...
              X