Annika playing at PGA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annika playing at PGA

Tell me what you guys think about a woman golfer, playing in the next PGA tournament. Even if you know nothing about it, please voice your opinion.
    Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Well I have mixed views about this I am a new world man and give women equal rights and they can do anything guys can do so thats cool. However I respect that there is a PGA and an LPGA and they each play in there own groups as that is how it is setup.

If a women is going to play in a PGA tournamnet she should get no special treatment and have to earn her spot just like everyone else. Perhaps there should be a mixed tournament once a year with tops from both PGA and LPGA would be interesting!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I think that my opinion depends entirely on her reasons for wanting to be in the tournament. On one hand I can see why a talented female golfer would want to compete in the PGA. She might want to try herself against male players, some of which are possibly the best golfers who have ever lived.

On the other hand, if its for personal publicity, endorsements, or as a political statement then I would say that this is an abuse of the fans' trust and the traditions of the game. I really hadn't heard about it at all, so I can't go one way or the other.

I do know that I would watch more golf on TV if it were played by bikini-clad beach goddesses.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

In my opinion, she should stick to the LPGA. Sure she might be one of the best female golfers of all time and has won 50 LPGA tournaments, but she is a female, thus should play in a female league.

You don't see women players in the NBA, you dont see women players in UEFA Football, you don't see women players in the NFL or MLB. So why does she get to play golf with men?

Sure I think they should get equal rights, but ****, get that goddamn dyke out of the PGA!
        Simon

Comment

and if she really wants to judge herself against men, why not just play the same courses as them from the same tee's after they play and compare herself that way.

Btw, she will be hitting from the men's tee's when she plays on the PGA, hope she can handle it.
          Simon

Comment

I didnt wanna voice my opinon yet, but Simon is absolutely right...you think girls would let us go into the LPGA if we wanted to, even if we were Tiger Woods? I dont think so man. It's awful she is allowed to play
            Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

I agree, she shouldn't play, if I wanted to play in the LPGA they'd laugh at me, so much for equality or whatever people are calling it.
              Nick
              There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
              --Albert Einstein

Comment

Annika is an amazing golfer, but I don't think she should be playing for two reasons... Firstly and most importantly, she's using up another PGA players position. If someone is on the line of whether or not they will be able to keep their tour card... this tournament spot could be huge... Secondly, it opens a huge can of worms.... because now some men are complaining that they can't play in LPGA events....

Vijay Singh actually stated that if he gets paired with Annika, he's dropping out of the the tournament...
                Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

I wanna play in the LPGA think of the odds i am bound to get a date. Ohh yeah i dont think she should be allowed to play .. She has her own league, let her stay there.
                  William

Comment

She'll also be the official PGA drink-cart girl too right? :urspecial
                    2008 Audi RS4
                    2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Originally posted by Dubs
                      I wanna play in the LPGA think of the odds i am bound to get a date. Ohh yeah i dont think she should be allowed to play .. She has her own league, let her stay there.
                      Odds may not be as good as you think (sexual orientation):mrtongue: :mrtongue:

Anyway I agree with the doubel standard that a man probably would not allowed in the LPGA but I still think they should have the top form each play together (not on teams but individually) once a year to really show who is the best.:thumbsup:
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I agree about the double-standard thing... and I hadn't thought of the idea that she would be taking a position from a PGA player who may have worked hard to get there. The best solution would be to have occasional mixed PGA/LPG tournaments I guess.
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                        X