New city budget...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New city budget...

yay.. more tickets! Calgary figuured out how to keep property taxes down - increase revenues generated by police. You figure 1 mil a year over 3 years will result in a noticable increase in getting pulled over for stupid stuff? or will it just be another photo-radar van or two on the street?
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Re: New city budget...

i'm thinking just more photo radar..we'll probably become as bad as edmonton then its vigilante time!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
      i'm thinking just more photo radar..we'll probably become as bad as edmonton then its vigilante time!
      The first rule of vigilante club is do not talk about vigilante club.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
        The first rule of vigilante club is do not talk about vigilante club.
        lol thats funny

I am not sure what to make of this as I think that just shows the nature of our policing system, not to serve and protect but to make money for the city
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
          I am not sure what to make of this as I think that just shows the nature of our policing system, not to serve and protect but to make money for the city
          That is why all my respect and gratitude goes to the firefighters and paramedics, the cops can _ _ _ _ my _ _ _ _ (insert favorite 4 letter words here). They should change the slogan from "to serve and protect" to "to plunder and ignore you when needed".
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
            That is why all my respect and gratitude goes to the firefighters and paramedics, the cops can _ _ _ _ my _ _ _ _ (insert favorite 4 letter words here). They should change the slogan from "to serve and protect" to "to plunder and ignore you when needed".

I don't really care about photo-radar/speeding tickets etc. If you are speeding then you obviously know you are doing something wrong and you deserve a ticket. I just hope they don't start enforcing things like tint/exhaust/body mod laws. That would suck.

Present
            2010 Audi A4 S-Line
            2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
            2003 VW Jetta GLI
            1992 VW Jetta GL
            1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

yea i agree.

and kris.. rule 2 of vigilante club is don't talk about vigilante club

what mike said is true to me also.. photo radar i don't mind getting because i don't get points off although i've yet to get a photo radar ever so haha but yea
              Last edited by R_Ethug; 11-22-2005, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
                I don't really care about photo-radar/speeding tickets etc. If you are speeding then you obviously know you are doing something wrong and you deserve a ticket. I just hope they don't start enforcing things like tint/exhaust/body mod laws. That would suck.
                Yea like places in BC (Richmond) where they just started making up laws to enforce like carrying around dB meters to measure exhaust loudness etc. etc. Harasing you about being too low would suck too.
                Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
                  Yea like places in BC (Richmond) where they just started making up laws to enforce like carrying around dB meters to measure exhaust loudness etc. etc. Harasing you about being too low would suck too.
                  not to be stereotyping.. but there are a lot of noisy civics on BC's west coast... cant say i really blame them.
                  Stefan
                  -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                  -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                  -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                  -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

haha same goes here.. but yet a dude on a harley with a straight pipe can rev up to 8000 with no problems
                    Last edited by R_Ethug; 11-22-2005, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                      haha same goes here.. but yet a dude on a harley with a straight pipe can rev up to 8000 with no problems
                      Yes that is a big issue here that is never touched.....
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

It's a sad but true fact that the Police force basically pumps money back into the system. They rarely do anything other than push paper and stand at the side of the road anymore.

I have no problem getting a legitimate ticket, however alot of Cops like to power-trip, and have flat out lied to me in the past. My buddy got pulled over in Winnipeg a couple weeks ago, going 63 in a 50 zone. Funny thing is, I was behind him, and we were both going under 50, and the cop was driving perpendicular to us, with no radar. The sad fact is, you really don't have much of a course of action, unless you have time to fight the ticket. Jingle jingle.... cash cow.
                        Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Well what I think and have always thought the biggest problem with policing is age discrmination. Someone who is young and has tint gets pulled and ticketed yet a 55 year in a Lincoln totalled blackout never gets pulled. Since they are so content on getting this extra money for the city maybe they should target those groups that have money too like the loud Harley's and blacked out Chrysler 300s...
                          Blair

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
                            Well what I think and have always thought the biggest problem with policing is age discrmination. Someone who is young and has tint gets pulled and ticketed yet a 55 year in a Lincoln totalled blackout never gets pulled. Since they are so content on getting this extra money for the city maybe they should target those groups that have money too like the loud Harley's and blacked out Chrysler 300s...
                            And Blacked out F250's, and while they're at it, ticket them for exceeding the max bumper height since 8 out of 10 of them have a 3" suspension lift. I'm all for 4x4's but let's treat everyone fairly.
                            Jay

Comment

oh god am i ever scarred of those things.. i think if i was rear ended by a big truck it'd miss my trunk completely and just push the upper portion of my car decapitating me..

Comment

Working...
                              X