Shaw HD!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shaw HD!!!!

I have the Bell HD PVR, Mel got it for me back in August..simply awesome. PIP built in, or watch two different TV's...etc etc. It's the best purchase that has landed in this household all year. That coupled with the projector and 125" screen in the basement...all is good. I highly recommend it to anyone with a wall they want to put to better use...

Comment

I have a big HDTV and still am running normal cable+inet. The PVRs still suck, and there's not enough HDTV content on any provider for me to make the jump. And yah I download all the series I like, as the ******* networks keep moving my shows around to different slots.

Screw em.

Khyron
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Last year, when International Stereo was closing out their Calgary stores, (and my wife had just gotten a "nice" inheritance from one of her late aunts..) we ended up purchasing a Toshiba 53" HD rear projection set, ALONG WITH a 5.1 Theatre sound system (Nuance speakers), with an HK receiver. Add in an adjustable (to the TV width) entertainment center (from the Brick--assembly required), and we ended up with a pretty sweet system, for around 3 or 4 grande total (everything were "floor models", except for 2 new rear speakers, as there weren't any floor models for those-and, we had to get one front facing speaker and the 12" sub fixed for free at a small dealership in Bowness, across from Bow Cycle)... I don't know how loud I can blast music, as I think my ears would give in before I found out!! WOO HOO!!!!!!

Comment

the only thing that bugs me about electronics and well this happens to everyone so i can't complain too much

2 years ago I bought a hitachi ultravision 52" WS projection hdtv for like 3100 bones.

at the time DLPs were like 5-6g's and plasmas like 10+

today DLPs cost 2-4gs and plasmas 3-10gs

sigh.. oh well my tv may be a bit thicker but the quality is insane since i bought an ultravision model but somedays i almost want to put it in the basement or give it to my parents and go buy a 52" plasma .. ahh well

Comment

Well I am still rocking a 27" tube with basic cable, but with a move coming next spring I should be making some changes. However a downside to a sweet downtown apartment is the limited choice as satelites are not an option. I really am not a huge TV person as I can go days with out turning it on so maybe I will just pick up a nice tv and save my monthly bill money for my ever growing DVD collection as I usally prefer a movie or some classic TV shows.
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

yea blair i don't watch a whole lot of tv anymore either.. its kinda funny..

only shows i watch are
              simpsons, family guy, american dad (all on sunday after supper)
              scrubs (on hiatus :( )
              my name is earl, the office (tuesdays after supper)

and if i can catch it criss angel mindfreak.. oh and top gear too

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                my name is earl, the office (tuesdays after supper)
                My name is Earl is one of the funniest shows on TV right now but honestly I think the office is about the dumbest I have watched.
                Name: Brent
                His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I think i watch even less TV than you guys, when I get a new place I will just get a big computer monitor, like a 24" display, and a nice looking mac, and put that out on a desk to watch movies/downloaded shows on as well as to work from.

I also don't really like the "structure your living space around the TV" philisophy that so many people have in North America, so I would like to keep any kind of TV out of my living space just to avoid that kind of vibe in my home.

The way things are going with the video iPod, I think we will finally see some on-demand distribution of shows soon, and so it may not be a big deal about sattelite or cable for those of us who do not watch regularly.
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I agree Kris, I prefer to keep my TV out of the main area of the house and not focus my main sitting area around a big TV, really I do not regularly watch one single TV show. My new place will be much smaller so a wall mount plasma or something on a moveable cart is what I have been thinking to save space and not have too much focus on the TV.
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I'm rockin' a 20" TV still. (I actually only bought it about two years ago).

Comment

Working...
                      X