Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a seasons pass for ski/boarding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a seasons pass for ski/boarding?

My wife got me one at fortress during their really cheap preseason deal. I'm a little worried that it'll be a little ghetto especially because they don't have the farside chair running but it was so cheap we couldn't resist. I loved the glades there when I used to go a few years ago, and I won't feel like i'm "wasting a day" if I go there with her to teach her how to board (she was a skier). I figure I'll only have to go 6 times for it to pay for itself so it's not really that bad a deal.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has passes, might help if we do a NVD ski day if a bunch of people have passes to one place. What would be really fun (but hard to plan) would a day at Fernie or someplace where not many of us get to go on a regular basis.
    Jay

Re: Anyone have a seasons pass for ski/boarding?

Originally posted by Tuna
    My wife got me one at fortress during their really cheap preseason deal. I'm a little worried that it'll be a little ghetto especially because they don't have the farside chair running but it was so cheap we couldn't resist. I loved the glades there when I used to go a few years ago, and I won't feel like i'm "wasting a day" if I go there with her to teach her how to board (she was a skier). I figure I'll only have to go 6 times for it to pay for itself so it's not really that bad a deal.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has passes, might help if we do a NVD ski day if a bunch of people have passes to one place. What would be really fun (but hard to plan) would a day at Fernie or someplace where not many of us get to go on a regular basis.

I didn't realize Fortress was even opening this year... I heard this summer that they weren't.

Back on topic, I would be down for a NVD trip to Fernie or Louise. I won't go to that shite hill they call Sunshine on my board, and don't have a pair or skis ATM. The Louise cards work at Fernie for discounted tickets too, in case anyone has a card but not a season's pass.

Jeff
    Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
    hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
    sigpic

Comment

I like sunshine, I'd be down for wherever....Fernie doubles as a family visit for the GF too, so that would be great
      2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
      2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
      2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Silverstoned
        I didn't realize Fortress was even opening this year... I heard this summer that they weren't.
        Jeff
        Yea, someone bought it off of RCR and opened it up. I used to really like fortress, so I guess we'll see.

Do you guys normally go to Louise? I've only been there a handfull of times, but i'm up for going.
        Jay

Comment

I haven't decided what kind of card I'm getting (I don't do seasons because I like variety, and for $1100 I can ski lots everywhere).....I think the louise does Fernie aswell...not sure whatelse the sunshine card does....

I thought about a Fortress card too, one of my coworkers worked out there for 13years.....the backside is where its at, it'll be great when they get a new lift up there......They also get some of the best snow (so long as you're there before the wind!)
          2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
          2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
          2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

ya, i had the RCR card (8 mountains?) for many,many years..last few seasons i havent got it cause well...its friggin expensive and I personally do like sunshine which isnt on the list..so id rather split up my cash and go whereever the best snow it
            REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
            -james

Comment

sushine opened on the weekend.. my buddy went.. he said there is quite a bit of snow suprisingly.. i won't go until we get a big dump tho.. i don't feel like rocks eating my board up

Comment

I got a COP pass, which also gives me discount at fortress so I'd be up for either. Louise and SS are fun but I'm still newb board.

Khyron
                Geoff
                Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Sunshine is better for noobs, there's less trees for you to eat s^#* in.....I personally prefer sunshine, I find louise over grooms the runs....

Comment

Originally posted by Aleks
                    Sunshine is better for noobs, there's less trees for you to eat s^#* in.....I personally prefer sunshine, I find louise over grooms the runs....
                    Sunshine isn't too friendly to new boarders... new skiers absolutely. The thing I really hate about sunshine is the transitions, and the fact that every lift is uphill to the chair. I guess as a new boarder you'd learn how to do transitions, and how to push with one foot hooked in pretty fast. All those flat sections, or slight uphill sections mid run that you can push once or twice with your poles, or skate a litte would mean taking off your board and walking to a noob who can't go fast enough to carry their speed.

On skis, Sunshine is a blast, Sunshine usually has better snow conditions, but on every other front (terrain, flow, glades, sunlight, shelter from wind, benches for strapping on your board, and others) Louise wins hands down.

Best day ever on skis... Sunshine.

Best day ever on a board... close to a tie, but Fernie, then Louise.

Yes, I'm very opinionated, and have formed that opinion over the last 6 years and roughly 250 days of snowboarding.

I'm in for Louise, Fernie, and probably Fortress if the snow is good. I know there are great days to be had there, I've just never been lucky enough to have a pow day on the back side, which I'm told is incredible.

Jeff
                    Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                    hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
                    sigpic

Comment

i love fernie .. i go all the time in the winter with my buddies as one has a condo there so its a free weekend lol

Comment

Ya, Ive been snowboarding for...well this is my 10th season...been almost everywhere good (state rockies, here, switzerland)....Im with Jeff for the most part but I gotta say louise is not much better for a newb - when you come off that top-of-the-world chair there, the path to get down to the other 2 (or is it 3 now?) chairs is a pain in the ass, so much traffic, so many people bailing...nightmare!

Fortress...Ive had nothing but bad experience on my board there but the rest of my family are skiiers and love that place. I find that the entire top of that mountain is too flat and if your trying to get over to runs like friar tuck, you're hooped if theres any sort of wind and you gotta push.

Sunshine has alot of flats like Jeff mentioned..but the reason I love sunshine is the back country, thats the main reason I go, they got that **** on lockdown.

edit: Oh, and for all you "Ooohhh my snowboard is gonna get chewed by rocks" panzies, Ive got a brand new (in plastic) POS rock board I could toss your way for like $40 (made by firefly or some generic sport-chek brand, acutally not a bad board, i have one myself for early and late season)
                        Last edited by James; 11-15-2005, 09:11 AM.
                        -james

Comment

hahaha james i just don't like having a brand new board get eaten by rocks.. i delammed a brand new forum a few years ago doing handrails with some buddys here in the city which made me cry so now i have an older board for that stuff

i find nakiska is a fun place but its flat also and boarding on it kills your legs after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                            i find nakiska is a fun place but its flat also and boarding on it kills your legs after a while.
                            Ya, Nakiska is a good hill considering how close it is, but its not that flat, I know exactly where your talking about (heading down from gold chair theres that HUGE flat)..Choose your wax more wisely and that wont be a problem

Ya, I get all my snowboarding gear at cost or under cost thru work so I pay like $280 for a brand new burton etc...makes it less painfull when you here that **thuck-thuck** noise on the hill haha
                            -james

Comment

LOL damn i gotta use your for a hookup

Comment

Working...
                              X