my laptop screen died....help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my laptop screen died....help?

well when did you buy it/how old is it.. if it has warranty send it away if not your fooked.. then go buy a laptop to ata adapter and hook the drive up to your normal pc to get the data back off..

Comment

5-6 months ago...should be under warranty, unless there was some fine print I missed?
      2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
      2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
      2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Let me know if you need help with the data backup Alex...

Comment

alright, great news, the video output does work with a monitor, so its gotta be a connection issue....the bad news, it does NOT have warranty, and I bought it on May 7 of this year!!!! Yeah, don't get me started on Laptop Depot..... So, I'll take it apart (carefully) and see if I can find the problem....I took apart my Dell and didn't fook it up so I should be ok! Wish me luck....

EDIT: took the back of the LCD apart, and sure enough the rbbon cable was barely in place....so I secured it REAL good.....it had a little piece of tape holding it!! what the heck is that?? anywho, it works now!
          Last edited by Aleks; 11-05-2005, 03:35 PM.
          2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
          2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
          2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

lol told you it was the ribbon cable!

Comment

Hey man, why didn't you try what the guy on Beyond recommended... I was sure that "hitting it really hard" would have made it work.... lol

Comment

It just may have!

Comment

Working...
                X