my laptop screen died....help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my laptop screen died....help?

I have a HP pavilion ZV5000 laptop with a 15" brightview widescreen....today I started it up, and the screen "lit up" but there was no graphics, just occasional glitchs of colour accross the screen!! Could this be my onboard video that died. or overheated?? it was working fine the day before.....Anyone had this happen??
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Re: my laptop screen died....help?

its because its an HP
    Simon

Comment

Possible fix.....Check that you are set to use the laptop display and not an external display.....Usually Fuction F8
      2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

pm that playa Davetronz either here or on beyond, he be into dat laptop fixin shiz y0. Maybe he can tell you exactly what happened.

Comment

Simon, eat a dick...

Vulcan, that was the first thing I checked....not it....I have not tried running an external monitor on it yet, I don't want to take it in without burning all of my photos and music on it...I've had bad experiences with that....

Maybe Davetronz will see this?
          2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
          2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
          2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

alex i bet its the ribbon cable that connects the monitor we have had a ton of HPs die at work same way you describe its an easy fix but you'll have to send it away or spend hours wiggling the lcd back and forth till it works

Comment

Alex, check PM on beyond...
              I am betting its either your integrated graphics board (basically your motherboard) that has bit it or the video cable... I have seen on occasion these cables "melt/burn" for some reason but only in the older models nothing recently...

Comment

uggh.....do you think I will be able to send it in without the harddrive?? I don't want to lose anything, and they never guarantee that.....they should be able to strap in a plain drive with diagnostics......

Comment

i have a monitor you can borrow if you think you can get it going with an external monitor.. just to back it up.
                  Stefan
                  -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                  -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                  -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                  -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

alex we always take out the HDs when we send ours back.. you should be able to

Comment

ya, they'll proally ask you to take out the battery and the HDD because it'll save weight on shipping / they dont have to worry about wipin' your data
                      REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                      -james

Comment

Seems you always get the guy who thinks you can solve anything on a computer by reformatting the hd.
                        Stefan
                        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan
                          Seems you always get the guy who thinks you can solve anything on a computer by reformatting the hd.
                          Hahhahahah 95% of the time this is what HP seems to do for our retail guys...

When it comes to corporate we have a bit more pull

Comment

ya, HP server hardware is tits but the desktop stuff leaves something to be desired.
                            REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                            -james

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys, I have an external mon. already so no need to borrow one......If it's gonna cost me to send it out, I'll just buy another laptop (I'm sure they want that!)......

Comment

Working...
                              X