Mazdaspeed 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazdaspeed 6

Just saw an ad for this new Mazdaspeed 6 in Car and Driver and I was wondering what everyone else thought of it. Apparently it has a 2.3L I-4 Turbo rated at 274hp and 280 lb-ft, not bad for a stock 4 banger. Comes with a 6-speed gearbox too not to mention AWD. Now I've never owned a Mazda or been a big Mazda fan but this car might actually make me test drive one. Although I don't expect them to be in Canada before spring. But I'd like to hear what the rest of you guys think about the car and the Mazda brand.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...ehicleCode=MS6
    Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
    APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Re: Mazdaspeed 6

Fortunately it uses the Mazda engine...the regular Mazda6's with the V6 use a Ford block and transmission...but Mazda everything else.

My friend has had zero problems with her Mazda3...in general people I know have had great experiences with all non-rotary Mazda products. My friend's 323 has close to 300k kms on it and nothing other than regular oil changes, etc. needed.

On the other hand, I would rather set my own crotch on fire than own a rotary engined Mazda. My friend had to rebuild his motor...twice. And then the transmission gave out. Then the turbos. Then the transmission again. Yeah. SUXXORZ. And all this on an RX-7 with less than 100k kms on it. But its great when it runs. WHEN it runs.

Comment

yea pretty nice.. i don't hate mazdas i really like the 3 sedans they are really nice looking cars.. i think partially because they have alot of lines like our jettas if they had oh 50more HP i'd maybe look at buying one even but meh..

Comment

I can dig on the Mazdaspeed6... but I am holding out for an APR'd 2.0t.

Present
        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
        2003 VW Jetta GLI
        1992 VW Jetta GL
        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

I am not huge on the looks of the car and from what I recall it is very heavy too actually 3,598 lbs to be exact.
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

If they were to have a MazdaSpeed 6 wagon I would be all over that. I drove the V6 wagon, and it felt really heavy & sluggish for a V6.

Other than that I think they are pretty nice cars.

Andrew
            www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Working...
            X