Car Rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Rental

hey guys does anyone know where a 19 year can rent a car in calgary if they have thier own insurance? thanks

Re: Car Rental

its the age limit law.. you have to be 25.. i have a HELLUVA time renting cars when i travel and work in the US.. my company has to pull all these strings to get me a car.. its stupid as hell..

Comment

Originally posted by forreal
      hey guys does anyone know where a 19 year can rent a car in calgary if they have thier own insurance? thanks
      There was a place off Mcleod and 42nd. Sorry I can't remember the name and I didn't recognize anything in the phonebook, but head south on Mcleod, left on 42nd, and they are on the right just before the train tracks. There is a shady lease place next door.

I rented with them 3 times. The last time I went with them, they found out I drove out of province (cause I called when a headlight burnt out) and then told me when I returned the car that unlimited kms did not apply, so I had to pay about double for the milage.

They were to only place I could find at the time (about 4 years ago) that would rent to 19 year old. I didn't have my own insurance at the time either.

Hope that helps.

Jeff
      01 Jetta GLS
      Jeff
      Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
      Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
        its the age limit law.. you have to be 25.. i have a HELLUVA time renting cars when i travel and work in the US.. my company has to pull all these strings to get me a car.. its stupid as hell..
        damn man that sucks..i was planning on going out to chetwynd bc in nov and didnt want to drive my car in the mountains wiht snow on the highway..that age limit law is stupid
        thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoy
          There was a place off Mcleod and 42nd. Sorry I can't remember the name and I didn't recognize anything in the phonebook, but head south on Mcleod, left on 42nd, and they are on the right just before the train tracks. There is a shady lease place next door.

I rented with them 3 times. The last time I went with them, they found out I drove out of province (cause I called when a headlight burnt out) and then told me when I returned the car that unlimited kms did not apply, so I had to pay about double for the milage.

They were to only place I could find at the time (about 4 years ago) that would rent to 19 year old. I didn't have my own insurance at the time either.

Hope that helps.

Jeff
          01 Jetta GLS
          oh alright thanks man ill check it out tommorw...and do u think this place is still open? thanks

Comment

calgary is 21, i believe.
            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

it maybe 21 i dunno i've never rented a car before in canada just the US so

Comment

oh alright thanks man ill check it out tommorw...and do u think this place is still open? thanks
                Can't say. I have driven past there maybe once in the last 6 months. As for the age I think it is based on the insurer for the rental agency. When I was looking (now this was 4 years ago) Budget was 25, Avis and most other places were 21, but if you were in the military 19 was ok. I'm pretty sure I tried just about everywhere because it was to get to a job interview right out of SAIT, and I didn't have a car, or a credit card for that matter.

Jeff
                Jeff
                Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
                Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

some places in the US are 18, like NV and NY. depends where you go.
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart
                    some places in the US are 18, like NV and NY. depends where you go.
                    budget rent a car will rent to 18 year olds..

Comment

Originally posted by gtx
                      budget rent a car will rent to 18 year olds..
                      serious man? which location??

Comment

serious man? which location??
                        i believe it's on mcleod trail and 53rd avenue s.w
                        my niece rented a car their when she was having service done at s.c.f.c

Comment

Working...
                        X