Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canon D20

Originally posted by AWD-FLY-GUY
    Being a D-EOS user now for a few years, I can tell you one thing...buy locally.

The peice of mind is huge, especially if anything ever goes wrong w/ the camera or you need servicing. The Canon Service Depot is right here in town, and if you bought it locally, you just take it directly to them. Buy elsewhere, and you have to send it away, just so they can send it back to Calgary.
    Not sure what you are talking about. Almost all of my Canon stuff came from either Toronto or US. The Canon Service Depot has serviced my gear on several occasions without any questions asked. Canon has a north american warranty so there should not be any issues for warranty service.

if you want a good deal, buy from the US. exchange rate is so good right now, it's worth a hard look.
    2004 EOS 20D

www.photobolic.com

Comment

Meh, just issues I've incountered over the years, may have changed, but a lot of times I've seen US retailers excluding the canadian warranty cards.
      Last edited by AWD-FLY-GUY; 11-10-2005, 12:34 AM.
      Candy White 2007 GTI APR'd

Comment

Yes, the US/Canada thing is a bit touch and go, but thats only speaking from a Nikon POV, the warranty is different, and a US product won't be warrantied here in Canada.....
        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Working...
        X