Canon D20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon D20

Looking to purchace one this weekend and just wondering if anyone here has an in for getting a good deal on this Camera?
    Thanks Guys/Girls
    Steve
    2002 Golf TDi
    Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

Re: Canon D20

Originally posted by TDi_Steve
    Looking to purchace one this weekend and just wondering if anyone here has an in for getting a good deal on this Camera?
    Thanks Guys/Girls
    In Calgary... the cheapest place is probably the Camera Store... always ask for a discount

Other than that, I don't think there is a lot of markup on camera bodies... they make their money on lenses and accessories.

Chris
    Chris

2018 Audi S5 Coupe Technik - Florett Silver Metallic
    SOLD: 2011 Audi A4 Quattro 6 Speed MT - Brilliant Black
    SOLD: 2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition - Galactic Blue

Comment

My only suggestion is to cruise the www.dpreview.com and other boards and see where people are getting em cheap. I know with Nikon mail order from the US is supposed to be a bad idea for warranty coverage...no idea for Canon...

Comment

I bought my Nikon from Toronto, saved me about $250 with all I got with it from Carman's foto source.....look them up (have a website..), but they sell stuff on ebay too...
        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

1500 bucks lightly used:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=86038

I'd definately check it out.

Khyron
          Geoff
          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

yeah, that one is a good deal.....he's got a D1 for sale too.....crazy guy....
            2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
            2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
            2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

It's the Canon 20D, not D20 .

I recently just bought myself a Nikon D70s because I want to become a professional photographer after high school so -- great camera, I love it.

Picked it up for roughly $1,489.
              Keel -- '02 Veedub; Golf 2.SLOW.

Comment

great choice Stewy! I'm a nikon guy myself!

Comment

Being a D-EOS user now for a few years, I can tell you one thing...buy locally.

The peice of mind is huge, especially if anything ever goes wrong w/ the camera or you need servicing. The Canon Service Depot is right here in town, and if you bought it locally, you just take it directly to them. Buy elsewhere, and you have to send it away, just so they can send it back to Calgary. D-SLR cameras have a lot of parts that can fail, and having to deal with buying online is NOT fun when it's a big dollar item like that.

Markup on D-EOS cameras is like computers and Volkswagens, hardly any.

Dons Photo on 17th generally has the best price, however The Camera Store is also pretty good.

As for the Camera it's self, it's a great camera. You wont be disappointed with it.
                  Candy White 2007 GTI APR'd

Comment

I dunno, buying local is ok, but for service any service center will take you with your warranty card, they send it out anyhow.....

Comment

As Ben said, the Canon Service Depot is located here in Calgary... so in actuality, everyone else sends their cameras here.

Unfortunately, I've had the opportunity to deal with them. Worst service ever. Bar none. I actually had to call the head of Canon Service Canada in Toronto to get movement. Luckily, it was only getting my battery grip serviced (with a known problem/recall).
                      billip
                      2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Agreed that having a local vendor to provide service is a plus...I bought my D70 at Vistek because of price...a place I regularily go was good enough to help me out when there was calibration issues (ie DSLR). If you've a good relationship with a dealer it can save you dollars, time and give you satisfaction down the road...satisfaction that may be absent otherwise...

Comment

Originally posted by Billip
                          As Ben said, the Canon Service Depot is located here in Calgary... so in actuality, everyone else sends their cameras here.

Unfortunately, I've had the opportunity to deal with them. Worst service ever. Bar none. I actually had to call the head of Canon Service Canada in Toronto to get movement. Luckily, it was only getting my battery grip serviced (with a known problem/recall).

Hahaha, thats funny. Me too.

Warranty work on the CMOS sensor, brought it in november 26, got back January 18th.

Was so nice going through christmas and new years without my professional equipment. Ended up going out and buying ANOTHER D-SLR to tide me over. Sold the warranteed one when I got it back.

Oh well, I still love Canon and would still buy from them again.
                          Candy White 2007 GTI APR'd

Comment

thats unfortunate

Comment

One reason why I chose Nikon over Canon was the warrenty. Nikon offers 2 years and Canon is only 1.

Cheers, Keel.
                              Keel -- '02 Veedub; Golf 2.SLOW.

Comment

Working...
                              X