Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANNOYING FAX Calls

Hey All,

Lately, I've been getting these annoying fax calls at all times of the day from (403) 234-8169. I've searched the Internet and it seems that this number is somehow connected to the whole Impark fiasco (ie. the one where numerous people were contacted in the wee hours of the morning). Anyhow, I just wondered if anyone has had any experience with this and, more importantly, what a guy should do in getting these damn calls to stop?!

Thanks in advance...
    Deuce.
    Rob
    Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
    Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Re: ANNOYING FAX Calls

lol just like on seinfeld.. EEEEEEE EAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
      Hhahahhahhaha

I hate to laugh, but I couldn't help it.

I hope someone can help you on here.
      Matt - A3

Comment

Try call block, if not report the number to the police for harrasement (better luck with the call block).
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
          AHAHAH yaaaa that was hilarious
          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

TELUs has a service where you can load specific numbers into a block list and those callers are told you are not accepting their call. It's like $2/mo, call them at 310-2255 in the morning and I'm sure they can get you all set up.

Comment

I get a call from a "Toll Free" 1-800 number EVERY night.
              We used to answer it but no one was there.
              The number changes each time. We no longer answer it but it rings EVERY night.
              We called Telus and there is nothing they can do because the number is apparently non-traceable which IMO is ********. Everything can be traced...
              They also say that since it keeps changing that the police can't do anything about it...

Bah... Weaksauce.

Comment

since i've changed to vonage.. no more spam calls!! if i refer you i get free 2 months lol

Comment

Thread moved.

We used to get these at the office some times once we got the number we sent them a fax saying our number is not a fax and that seemed to stop it.
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
                    Thread moved.

We used to get these at the office some times once we got the number we sent them a fax saying our number is not a fax and that seemed to stop it.

Aha the old fax-a-faxer trick.

You could just set up your PC to autodial them every hour or so.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

with bell you can get them to block the number for free if it's causing problems... which i am sure it is.

telus should do the same... i would think.

Comment

Originally posted by variable26
                        with bell you can get them to block the number for free if it's causing problems... which i am sure it is.

Only problem is... it's not Bell... or Telus.

I have just switched to Vonage... however, the problems have just STARTED... !

Not sure how to block the calls?! I know how to "Block my number" (ie. *67).

Paying $2 a month to block a caller seems like a joke. Like really... they frickin' call me... and I have to pay $2/month... whaaa?

Perhaps I will try to fax them back from the office here... see if that works. I will keep you guys posted on what seems to work... and what doesn't!

Thanks for the tips... Cheers.
                        Rob
                        Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                        Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce
                          Only problem is... it's not Bell... or Telus.

I have just switched to Vonage... however, the problems have just STARTED... !

Not sure how to block the calls?! I know how to "Block my number" (ie. *67).

Paying $2 a month to block a caller seems like a joke. Like really... they frickin' call me... and I have to pay $2/month... whaaa?

Perhaps I will try to fax them back from the office here... see if that works. I will keep you guys posted on what seems to work... and what doesn't!

Thanks for the tips... Cheers.
                          Ok, it may be different with Vonage but my friend has Primus VOIP and he can actually control his incoming calls from his PC. He can actaully enter specific numbers and it will just ring on their end but it will not put it through to the phone. He's "minutezero" on here if you want to PM him. He says it works really good.

I did that $2 a month thing for a while, it didn't really help that much because it would block "unknown numbers" which means that all my friends and family from the NWT would get blocked which was super annoying, plus anyone with unlisted numbers will be blocked too.

I had a fax # call me several times a day but that was back when Telus was a little more helpful, and when I told them what was happening they actually faxed the number for me but said "If that doesn't work there is nothing more we can do".

I don't understand why they don't build fax machines to time out after a day or so. I mean the stupid things will redial till eternity if you let them.

Hope that helps.
                          Jay

Comment

does a fax machine work the same way as the computer auto dialer, when you pick up and hear the call being transfered from a computer to a person, and when you hear the silence or click you just go to town on the ######### sign and it screws the computer up and kicks your name out of the system as an invalid number?
                            The world has but three sports, Bullfighting, Mountain Climbing, and Motor Racing. All the rest are merely games - Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Originally posted by variable26

I wish I could do this but the number keeps changing...
                              Every time it is different...
                              People who call phone-spam other people should be electrocuted through their phones everytime they call someone...

Comment

Working...
                              X