Chip??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip??

I have a friend who would like to get a chip for his car it's a Mazda 6 with a v-6 any ideas?
    12 Volvo XC 90
    03 Jetta1.8T
    95 Cabrio VRT
    90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Re: Chip??

Originally posted by Lars
    I have a friend who would like to get a chip for his car it's a Mazda 6 with a v-6 any ideas?
    Probably the best thing to do is search out a Mazda forum and see what is available for Mazda's these days, I think there may be turbo kits available for them soon.
    Jay

Comment

Simon (Boy Racer) should know he is the resident guru when it comes to ecu mods.
      Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
      You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech
        Simon (Boy Racer) should know he is the resident guru when it comes to ecu mods.
        I could be wrong but I am pretty sure he doesn't have any Mazda connections.

Someone on beyond.ca would know.

I am not even sure such a thing exists.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

i think simon can only chip bosch ecu's.
          i was looking into it to cause i have a family member who drives a mazda 3. and from what i heard its best off just o go with a turbo kit.

Comment

I have a friend who has dropped almost $2500 in mods in to her 2.0L 145HP Focus (same engine as the 3, same car, really) and there is minimal difference to how badly I crush her off the lights.

That kind of money goes a long way toward a turbo kit.

Also, The Mazda 6 GT will be here soon and it will have the 2.3l turbo, which means you can just get factory parts to turbo up the NA stuff. Not unlike what I did with my Neon in that I am using SRT-4 bits.

Originally posted by Hardy_Boy
            i think simon can only chip bosch ecu's.
            i was looking into it to cause i have a family member who drives a mazda 3. and from what i heard its best off just o go with a turbo kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars
              I wouldn't bother. For $1000-ish bucks, your friend will get maybe 10hp, slightly better throttle response, and will be forced to use 91 octane all the time
              1.8T
              Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Yeah just trying to get some info for him. His car goes good as it is right now
                12 Volvo XC 90
                03 Jetta1.8T
                95 Cabrio VRT
                90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Working...
                X