Paranoid Subaru Owners???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paranoid Subaru Owners???

I like to lurk around some other automotive forums, like http://www.wrxforum.com .... What I've noticed is that unlike most other car owners (Honda, VW, etc.), the typical subaru owner is incredibly paranoid about doing ANYTHING to their cars. Such as the reluctance to add a CAI because it will "destroy your engine by messing with MAF readings and everything will blow up unless you get a custom ECU reflash". Um yeah. Right. Apparently Subaru's are programmed from the factory to explode if you don't spend money to stabilize their warp core before adding an intake or exhaust.

It's great for some funny reading, everyone tears everyone apart, it's like watching eight-year old kids fight amongst themselves!

Re: Paranoid Subaru Owners???

Actually, I've heard alot of bad things about CAI's and Subies, mostly due to lack of space, and where the CAI actually has to run, its an overall poor setup with little advantage......I still may someday buy myself an STI!
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Smart owners are a bit paranoid too
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Aleks
        Actually, I've heard alot of bad things about CAI's and Subies, mostly due to lack of space, and where the CAI actually has to run, its an overall poor setup with little advantage......I still may someday buy myself an STI!
        Space definitely seems to be at a premium in the engine bay of a Rex! It looks incredibly cramped thanks to the boxer engine layout...but despite the lack of space, the "engine-breaking" intake theory is a little out there....
        Hell, in my engine bay, a K&N cone attached to my MAF is sitting right next to my turbo and the catalytic converter! I ran that for over a year with no ill effects (well, better throttle response but crappier power) before I went back to my mostly stock airbox...

Comment

News flash, vw owners are paranoid.

The most succesful tuner groups are basically owners of cheap domestics and honda civics. They are also the least paranoid. This is possibly because they have the most affordable parts and most plentiful supply...
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
            News flash, vw owners are paranoid.

The most succesful tuner groups are basically owners of cheap domestics and honda civics. They are also the least paranoid. This is possibly because they have the most affordable parts and most plentiful supply...
            and if they get the engine to explode, it only costs $1000 to replace it.
            Simon

Comment

b15 all motor kid!

Comment

b15....typo yo.

Comment

I dispute the cheap parts and cars theory.

The majority of the upcoming Neon (non-SRT) TuNaRz are mechanics shop drop-outs.

These retards have actually asked if you gain extra horsepower after your car is lowered because the CAI is lower to the ground where the air is colder.

No kidding.

Originally posted by nismodrifter
                  b15....typo yo.

Comment

My inlaws just sold their WRX. The first week they had it father inlaw chipped it, different b.o.f. etc. He couldn't of cared about warranty. All his new cars are modded almost right away. I'm just not sure what he is going to do with the Z06 he is waiting for

Comment

Supercharger!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X