RAM (not the Dodge)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM (not the Dodge)

Had my Laptop for about a year now its a Dell Inspiron 9100. I've been doing some video editing and I think I need a little more memory. Currently I have a 3.2ghz P4, 512ram. I want to upgrade to 1gbRAM but I don't know what kind to get or what kind I have already (DDR, SD etc). So how do I check which RAM I have?
    Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
    APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Re: RAM (not the Dodge)

Your computer came with DDR400 SDRAM. Now I don't know if it one stick of 512 that is in there or two 256 sticks, but you need 200 pin SODIMM Ram to upgrade, PC3200 would be best... a 1 gig stick is gonne cost about $189 CAN +tax. Let me know if you need more info...

just did some more checking, your laptop was shipped with 2xd256 sticks of 200 pin 256mb SODIMM RAM, so you can purchase either 1x 1gb or 2x 512 (same price either way pretty much, I'd recommend a single stick)
    Last edited by djstorm; 10-10-2005, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks man, where do you recommend I pick this RAM up?
      Last edited by Tromping_Maniac; 10-10-2005, 09:37 PM.
      Bryce

APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Comment

you in calgary?

Comment

yep
          Bryce

Comment

Memory express - their locations are listed at the top of the page... they have it in stock, and if you have any questions they can help you out with it...

http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.p...ctID=6142&SID=

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info.
              Bryce

Comment

Working...
              X