X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is disturbing...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/rubberjohnny.html

Re: This is disturbing...

It's like Jacobs ladder in a zany kinda way.
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Comment

A very interesting piece of work from some interesting people

The 6-minuter started off as an ad, then a music video utilizing "afx237 v.7" from Aphex Twin's 2001 album drukqs, onto which Chris added his own sounds and music. During the four-year span it took to complete, time also used on aborted features and the like, Chris learned After Effects, and Rubber Johnny morphed into the short it is now.

As Warp synopsized, "Johnny is a hyperactive, shape-shifting mutant child, kept locked away in a basement. With only his feverish imagination and his terrified dog for company, he finds ways to amuse himself in the dark." But the story behind Johnny is a bit of a red herring, as "afx237 v.7" sparked Chris' primary interests, here: the synchronization of sound and film, the human form and its distortion, a certain technological paranoia, and machinery.

The film was shot on DV, and most of it filmed in infrared, that now-familiar nightvision that turns you into an alien with glowing eyes. This might make me a weirdo, but I found the intro to be rather touching and right hilarious. In it a psychologist gives Johnny a short, syrupy talking-to, even as Johnny freaks out a bit, dangerously. It segues on a perfect beat into the title sequence, and then the true film itself.

Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

some creepy shiz.

Present
        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
        2003 VW Jetta GLI
        1992 VW Jetta GL
        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

wtf is that a fetus?

Comment

Looks like a nutsack to me.

Present
            2010 Audi A4 S-Line
            2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
            2003 VW Jetta GLI
            1992 VW Jetta GL
            1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Aphex twin and Chris Cunningham are a match made somewhere other than heaven but definately a good one! I have the director series with some more of his work if anyone is interested
              EU Tuning
              European Performance Products
              www.eutuning.ca
              slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

what ths sh!t am I even looking at here?
                REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                -james

Comment

They are maniuplated images of Chris Cunningham
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                  X