I installed Windows Vista today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I installed Windows Vista today.

Like the title says, I love it! It's faster and less of a memory hog. I'm running it from my Toshiba Satellite 2450 P4 2.6 gig Notebook. The final release isn't out yet, I am running the beta version. I downloaded it from Microsoft. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx

Screenshots.

Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Re: I installed Windows Vista today.

How can it possibly be less of a memory hog?

Anyhow, I was keen on Longhorn back when it had cool features planned such as a DB file system. Now it is just Windows XP2
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Good stuff Dave!

Comment

most screenshots don't work....If its less of a hog, I'd be interested in running it instead of XP home or pro (have both.....ugh)....How is it for stability? Program compatibility, support, drivers, etc?? I wouldn't want to dump my entire laptop's OS to risk losing a bunch of crap....Anything to run faster than Home....
        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

i have the latest build ultimate edition its 30 day.. you can make it work longer.. it works fine.. however that being said.. MS tried to copy aqua like features because the OS is DX9 accelerated and messed up.. apple still pwns them for the features.. oh well..

and curious dave to why your hosting your pics from a russian site and they are mostly red x's
          Last edited by R_Ethug; 09-15-2005, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleks
            How is it for stability?
            haha its windows we're talking about....

Originally posted by alek
            Program compatibility, support, drivers, etc??
            \
            Well once released, like kor said this will be win XP version 2, so it will have all the program compat. and driver support you're used to
            REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
            -james

Comment

Ahh, so its not like a windows XP lite or something like that? Just ver2....Wonder if its even worth it (XP should want to autoupdate to Ver2 anyhow, no?)
              2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
              2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
              2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

this is the next windows release alex.. and just like every other MS os its just an update of the previous.. this one will be a bit different with the sidebar, aqua like gui, and a little more use friendly..

as i posted above i have the latest release and it works fine..

edit.. dave so this is your homepage lol?
                http://jim.pp.ru/helps/soft/longhorn/longhorn_01.htm

busted!
                Last edited by R_Ethug; 09-15-2005, 08:25 AM.

Comment

They built this baby using .NET so it's been totally redone from the ground up. Might make people a little nervous that they used Windows to make a new version of Windows though.
                  - |\/| ][ |\| |_| '|' |= '/, |= |' [] -

Comment

I don't know how you downloaded it from microsoft without an MSDN account...

Present
                    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                    2003 VW Jetta GLI
                    1992 VW Jetta GL
                    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
                      I don't know how you downloaded it from microsoft without an MSDN account...
                      I have one.
                      Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                      You dig sucka?!

Comment

good stuff dave.. we have so many msdn accounts at work its nuts.. have the developers don't even know what they are for hahahah

Comment

I used to have one....now we only have one for the entire IT dept

<--- needs to work in 'No Budget' oil and gas company haha
                          Last edited by James; 09-15-2005, 10:27 AM.
                          REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                          -james

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                            and curious dave to why your hosting your pics from a russian site and they are mostly red x's
                            IN RUSSIA RED X HOSTS YOU!

Comment

if that was a family guy quote, you forgot communist....

Comment

Working...
                              X