It is a good day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is a good day!

Got my quiting bonus today, got to love working the summer student job!

Just phoned DeGreeve Auto Upholstery and my headliner is done, and it cost less then he quoted! Cant wait to install all my random parts now. Will take picutres tonight.
    2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
    My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Re: It is a good day!

Originally posted by Russell
    Got my quiting bonus today, got to love working the summer student job!

Just phoned DeGreeve Auto Upholstery and my headliner is done, and it cost less then he quoted! Cant wait to install all my random parts now. Will take picutres tonight.
    Nice, my day is sucking what a frigging gong show, but, at least i'm picking up the rabbit tonight as I already have it booked in for the new exhaust.

I wanna see your headliner, did you get all new material or did you just get yours coloured?
    Jay

Comment

How much was the headliner work if you dont mind me asking, I would like to have mine redone.
      Candy White 2007 GTI APR'd

Comment

yea i gotta get mine done too.. curious and all

Comment

OK here is the deal... I am not all that happy with it and am phoning back to today. I got to the shop and it looked really good, I slapped a few screws in to hold it up until I got home. Once I had gotten home I started off with installing the sunroof visor (the cover you can pull over the sunroof in a MK3) and this is when I started to notice a few things.

1)He did not pull my old headliner off, which means my headliner is now double the thickness.
          2)The sunroof visor has some minor spots that really do not look all that great, mmm I am trying to think how to describe it. It looks like a scrunched up shirt in some spots, so there is a few wrinkles.
          3)He trimmed too much on one side of my sunroof port, so when I went to install the trim I can see the foam cover.
          4)With the increased thickness I had problems with installing some trim (which is the major reasons I am phoning back today)

Now for what I think:

If a guy like Ryan went in with $2000 worth of work I am SURE he would do a crazy good job. There was about 4 cars sitting in his shop, when I was waiting I was looking around and WOW his leather work is crazy nice.

The problem is I went in with $110 worth of a headliner, I am sure it took him 15min to glue the thing together and call it a day on my project. But that’s not what I wanted, I could have done a 15min job.

So I am going to phone back and see what he is going to do about it. I will update this thread in about 2 hours or so.

One a lighter note, the guy is really nice… but his daughter (I think it is his daughter) who answers the phone is a bit of a b!thc, don’t think she likes her job much.

Yeah and the cost was $110, but I removed the headliner and dropped it off at his shop. If he has to do that I was told about $350... but I would rather remove all the trim and stuff, who knows how gentle they are going to be in the car.

I should also note that all my other trim has come out looking great (the stuff that I painted) looks 100% stock, the colour make was right on. Thus why I want this headliner to be done right.
          Last edited by Russell; 08-31-2005, 07:52 AM.
          2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

So I phoned them back and they are willing to have me come back and they will take a look at the car... so we will see what happens.

Also on another note:

Action Auto Upholstery
            (403) 243-0178

^^ He is a D!ck... I phoned and asked him like 3 weeks ago about getting this done... he told me $400 for the job, so I said thank you and that was it. I phoned him back today to ask how he would have done the job to get a feel for if this was done the right way and he was a told ass! I have give him 2 thumbs down and smack.
            2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

Alright well after talking with another shop I think I am going to pay AGAIN to have it do right... Dan from:

Cutting Edge Upholstery
              717-2888

Dan explained to me that he will steam my headliner, get it down to the shell and build it back up to the right height. I feel much better after talking with him and am willing spend the extra money to get it done right.

Also I think it was Kor that jinxed the whole thing, by telling me to wait until after the work was done to do the review
              Last edited by Russell; 08-31-2005, 10:01 AM.
              2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

I would wait to see what the first place sais, if anything ask for some of your money back (minus material costs or something). That way you won't be totally hosed.
                Name: Brent
                His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
                X