I quit my job at VW land...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I quit my job at VW land...

As the title says i quit at the local VW dealership. After 7 years of VW fun i left, the dealership was sold recently and it now sucks to work there. I was not even hunting for a job but the owner of the Toyota dealership was bugging me to come over there soooo i'm turning Japanese! I will keep my 05 jetta of course cause i love it! (undergoing a project) I also have to get a vag-com as i have no use of a VW scan tool. oh and Simon if you read this, yes i am definatly still getting a chip next time i'm in Calgary!

Re: I quit my job at VW land...

If there is one thing in life it has to be you have to somewhat enjoy your job or atleast be making a $hit load of money. With all the flac that VW employies must take due to managment and headoffice choices sometimes I wonder why anyone would want to work there.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

free coffee and donuts?

Comment

Sorry for the news but I can assume you are already in love with Toyota.

How the freaking way B5 can tell?

Your car got the TOYOTA harness instead of the NOT-WORKS-REALLY-WELL Siemens AG harness. You got to love them caused VW start giving the customers something that’s WORK finally.

Best wishes,

Comment

Originally posted by B5
          How the freaking way B5 can tell?
          Best line ever.
          billip
          2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Originally posted by Billip
            Best line ever.
            ^
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumby
              As the title says i quit at the local VW dealership. After 7 years of VW fun i left, the dealership was sold recently and it now sucks to work there. I was not even hunting for a job but the owner of the Toyota dealership was bugging me to come over there soooo i'm turning Japanese! I will keep my 05 jetta of course cause i love it! (undergoing a project) I also have to get a vag-com as i have no use of a VW scan tool. oh and Simon if you read this, yes i am definatly still getting a chip next time i'm in Calgary!
              Damn.. you were an asset to this board. Hopefully you will stick around. I would love to hook you up when ever you need for a chip... or whatever.

Congrats on your new job
              EU Tuning
              European Performance Products
              www.eutuning.ca
              slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
                With all the flac that VW employies must take due to managment and headoffice choices sometimes I wonder why anyone would want to work there.
                Your not kidding....
                Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech
                  Your not kidding....
                  go figure door rate is going up.... welcome to the business world
                  Last edited by R_Ethug; 06-13-2005, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gtx
                    go figure door rate is going up.... welcome to the business world
                    Woooo where did all this hostility come from?

Comment

Originally posted by Billip
                      Best line ever.
                      Agreed!
                      2008 Audi RS4
                      2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
                        Woooo where did all this hostility come from?
                        no hostility just reality...
                        peace and love

Comment

All the best with the new job Tim!! Sorry we did not get to spend more time in the dealership before your departure, but dont be a stranger!!
                          Blair
                          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Oh i won't be a stranger, i will still check in daily!!! I am keeping my jetta and still planning to drop it, wheels, chip etc. All that stuff is aftermarket anyway so working at VW doesn't help deal wise! Although i wonder how a 2dr echo would look lowered with 18's

Comment

What would a 2 door echo lowered with 18's look like?

Just like high school when the ugliest, fattest girl there bought new shoes and a mini skirt. Did that make any of us want to be seen with her?

Good luck. Probably won't have as many warranty issues at your new job. BUT, from the sounds of the thread, VW owners lost an understanding, knowledgable ear at the dealership.

Comment

Working...
                              X