Good doay gone sour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good doay gone sour

hey just thought i would post up my horrible incident today.. so i work at 5th ave delivering parts, washing cars, and shuttle service etc.... and today was especially busy, and one of the tasks we had was to deliver a 2006 jetta to the airport for some lady that bought it... so my coleague took the 06 jetta and i followed him in the vr6 jetta company car, so i could take him back to base after he droped of the car... anyways he was cruising 135 kph on that road to the air port, the posted speed limit is 90 kph, and i was following him,outta nowhere a cop came from behind that big park'n'fly sign and put the radar on the 06 jetta, when we drove by he decided to pull me over instead.. and these are his words
    " i clocked your buddy at 136 but i know you were going this fast as well so i am going to give it to you" not to mention the comment after he issued the $316 ticket which was "have fun i court"... can anyone help me with something to say to the jp, i have never got a ticket b4 and i dont wanna lose my demerits .. if my insurance goes up the golf gets parked .. please help .....

Re: Good doay gone sour

If he can't prove YOU were going that fast he has nothing.

"I clocked your buddy..." LOL what a dick. Fight this one FOR SURE.

Present
    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
    2003 VW Jetta GLI
    1992 VW Jetta GL
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

wellll not to sound like a dick but you shouldn't be doing 130 on a 90 road i know that one by the airport is tempting because its in the middle of nowhere but i alway see cops on that thing anymore

and like mike said unless he actually clocked you doing 136 he has nothing.. go to court tell the judge what he said to you and see if the dink even shows up

Comment

The man who issued the ticket is a cop who is a dick. Therefore, all men are cops and are all dicks.

This may seem stupid, but it's the same logic Mr. Police is following in issuing you a ticket but not actually tagging your car with his speed gun. In other words, it may or may not be true, but we really can't tell without a reading - so good luck in court because you have a serious beef.

It all comes down to the judge - he may be a very cop-friendly judge who will make the ticket stick based on what a 'reasonable man' would think of the situation. In other words, since the car in front of you was travelling 'X' and you were keeping up, then you too were travelling at 'X' speed in the eyes of a reasonable man. It makes sense to give you a ticket. On the other hand, you may get a more left leaning judge that will go over the evidence and say 'Thanks for playing Mr. Police, but without the reading, you got $hit Smokey."

This 'reasonable man' is a principle of commone law that I learned about when I was issued a ticket for doing 116 in a 90 zone a couple years back. The cop who gave me the ticket - who, by the way wasn't rude to me at all and was just doing his job - said that I had been tagged by a chopper. I asked to see the readout, but he couldn't show it to me. I just wrote everything down, told the judge everything, and backed up my story by questioning the cop and my passenger in court. I'm not a lawyer, but I managed to get off with a little research based on the fact that he couldn't show me a reading.

You should also have the option of some sort of pre-trial arbitration during which you can usually get your fine and/or points penalty reduced.

Once again, I'm not a lawyer, but that's all I know about beating a speeding ticket. Good luck!

Comment

your ticket says estimated right? not lasered? yes fight it, i hear judges usually take the word of the cop who says "i estimate you were going...".

just go in, talk to the CP, and tell him he didnt get your speed on any electronic device. if you really dont want, fight it to the end, goto court, keep posting the date they give you to show up, because usually the first day they give you, the cop will be there for sure, so you have a chance of him not showing up. and just argue it in court. say why didnt he pull over your friend, etc.

otherwise if you dont care much for the fine, i'm sure they can take all the points off of it based on that, and split the fine with your buddy or something.
          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Thanks guys... atleast i know i have a chance in court now

Comment

You are just lucky you don't get fired, then you would have a real had time driving your car. You will more then likely get off litely in court though.
              PS is 136 a propper break in speed for a new motor?
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

haha i dunno ask him that

Comment

Originally posted by Daelen Nekuda
                  haha i dunno ask him that
                  I asked my g/f who works at provincal traffic court and this is what she told me/typed.

You have two options; 1. No demerits and pay the full fine or 2. Plead to the lesser and receve a reduced fine and less demerit points taken off. however whne you go to court you need to speak to the first appearance crown and if they are willing to give such deals they are the ones who have the authority to do so. However with the rate of speed you were traveling (posted 90) they may be very reluctant to do anything. If it was an RCMP ticket they would have done a mandatory court appearance without specified penalty and you may have lost your license.

Hope this might help some.

Comment

personally i would just go downtown and pay the fine and try to get no deremits taken off and keep your insurance low

Comment

I've had good luck with CP's. For one of my speeding tickets he gave me the option of going down to Mr. Speedometer, and if my speedo was off by 1km he'd throw out the ticket....easy way out I threw on a set of bigger wheels off of my friends car on to mine and my speedo was something like 5km's off. it eneded up being 50 bucks cheaper then paying the ticket but i'm demerit free.

Comment

Working...
                      X