Paypal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal Question

Ok, I don't have much experience with paypal, and I've never wanted to return stuff but i have a question.

I bought something using paypal, now I want to get a refund, If I ask the business (it wasn't done through ebay) to refund me, will it go back to my credit card or will it just get turned into "paypal money"?

I didn't have an "account" at the time, it just said I could fill in my info and it went through that way, but now I DO have an account.

Just wondering, If I can get the cash back, I'm gonna tell Cullen where to stick his e-codes, I've already drafted the email I just don't want to burn my bridge only to learn I need to use up a bunch of Paypal credit.

Edit: prompt advice would be great as I wanna put this to bed today, thanks.
    Last edited by Tuna; 04-06-2005, 01:29 PM.
    Jay

Re: Paypal Question

Any money you have in a paypal account can be withdrawn to your credit card or if you set it up your bank account. I have recieved a refund through paypal and it went right to my credit card.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Tuna Wrote:Ok, I don't have much experience with paypal, and I've never wanted to return stuff but i have a question.

I bought something using paypal, now I want to get a refund, If I ask the business (it wasn't done through ebay) to refund me, will it go back to my credit card or will it just get turned into "paypal money"?

Cordial Writes:
      IF it was done through PAYPal ViA a Credit Card it should go back through Paypal to your Credit Card. There is a FAQ for Paypal check there.

I didn't have an "account" at the time, it just said I could fill in my info and it went through that way, but now I DO have an account.

Cordial Writes
      Yes you do now, its Free Don't worry about it.

Just wondering, If I can get the cash back, I'm gonna tell Cullen where to stick his e-codes, I've already drafted the email I just don't want to burn my bridge only to learn I need to use up a bunch of Paypal credit.

Cordial writes:
      Yes you should be able to get your Cash back not unless the company has some policy that doesn't do refunds.
      Some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Comment

Oh, they'll do refunds!!

Thanks Brent, and they don't charge you or anything? Oh, I guess fees are charged to the seller. Thanks guys, anyone else wanna pipe in before I hit send?
        Jay

Comment

You will probably get charged a fee, the fees always occur on money coming in not going out.

Jason you want that brand new deep VR6 lip for your car as I am clearing out my MK3 goodies
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
            Oh, they'll do refunds!!

Thanks Brent, and they don't charge you or anything? Oh, I guess fees are charged to the seller. Thanks guys, anyone else wanna pipe in before I hit send?
            Perhaps I missed it on another post, but what was wrong with the e-codes anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Cordialtea
              Tuna Wrote:Ok, I don't have much experience with paypal, and I've never wanted to return stuff but i have a question.

Cordial Writes:
              IF it was done through PAYPal ViA a Credit Card it should go back through Paypal to your Credit Card. There is a FAQ for Paypal check there.

Cordial Writes
              Yes you do now, its Free Don't worry about it.

Cordial writes:
              Yes you should be able to get your Cash back not unless the company has some policy that doesn't do refunds.

James Writes: WTF?
              REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
              -james

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
                You will probably get charged a fee, the fees always occur on money coming in not going out.

Jason you want that brand new deep VR6 lip for your car as I am clearing out my MK3 goodies
                That really sucks, I wait for 6 months and then I get to pay a fee, any idea how much?

Edit: Brent, did you have to pay a fee?
                Last edited by Tuna; 04-06-2005, 02:11 PM.
                Jay

Comment

Well, I was hoping to hear from a few more of you but I asked for a refund, I guess I'll wait and see what he says.
                  Jay

Comment

Originally posted by tintin
                    Perhaps I missed it on another post, but what was wrong with the e-codes anyway?
                    Sorry, just saw you asked a question, it's a long story, but it is/was a group buy on VWVortex, it started I think last August, there is still no ETA and even when there WAS "ETA's" they were always wrong (for example, when I first inquired about getting in on the group buy I was told they may be delivered by Christmas). Anyway, it is quite possible that people will have waited close to a year once they start shipping the lights. Honestly, they are really nice lights and if I had a show worthy car I would consider sticking it out, but it's just not worth it, I'd rather just get my money and forget about it.

The last straw was that originally when I talked to him over IM on Vortex he told me that they had a Canadian warehouse and wouldn't be charged Duty or Taxes, however NOW he's saying that's not the case, that it hasn't been set up yet.

I'm fed up, as are many people. I think i've held on long enough, i'm just gonna buy some regular lights and spend the money on something else. It was a really good deal, but now I may end up paying a "fee" for something i'm never even gonna get.

It's official, I am teh suck at GB's
                    Jay

Comment

When Nick (vaggod) ordered his e-codes from cullen it took months and months to get here... and I don't even think that was on a group buy!

Present
                      2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                      2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                      2003 VW Jetta GLI
                      1992 VW Jetta GL
                      1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Cullen = Horrible, enough said.
                        Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
                          When Nick (vaggod) ordered his e-codes from cullen it took months and months to get here... and I don't even think that was on a group buy!
                          Well, I think what happened to Nick (I could be wrong) was the lights came fairly quick, but they were broken so he had to send them back and getting a new pair took forever. See that plus stories of guys from previous group buys not getting stuff and waiting forever for it (wiring harnesses and whatnot) just made me nervous. After waiting this long for them, if something would have been wrong with them I woulda been so angry.

Any way, on the plus side, he refunded my money minus a "fee" but I'm not sure it was him or paypal that took that.

Total Amount:
                          $179.99 USD
                          Fee Amount:
                          -$6.06 USD
                          Net Amount:
                          $173.93 USD

I'm just glad it's over with, I feel so much better I should have done that months ago. I just have to wait for my online banking to catch up to see if it came off or what.
                          Jay

Comment

You're right about them being broken... but they didn't come quickly at all. Once he sent them back the second pair came quickly.

Either way I am glad to hear that you got your $$ back.

Present
                            2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                            2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                            2003 VW Jetta GLI
                            1992 VW Jetta GL
                            1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Thanks,

And might I add, he was an ass about it. I tried to explain WHY I was wanting a refund....his response...."your orders been cancelled what's the problem"
                              Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X