Movie Review: Sin City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Review: Sin City

Well I had the oppurtunity to check out the new flick Sin City last night, which is based upon Frank Miller's graphic novels. The movie is directed by Robert Rodriguez (Desperado), Miller and guest direction by Quentin Tarantino. The first think about the movie is the visuals, primarily in black and white with splashes of colour, like vivid blood and green eyes, this gives the movie a great comic look and works very well in setting the stage for the ultra viloent stories that unfold. Violence is very prominent in this movie some graphic but yet some very comic like adding some dark humor to the twisted tales. The story is slightly erratic but upon conclusion everything comes together in a great weave that left me with a grin upon my face.

The cast of the movie is huge lots of names like Jessica Alba, Bruce Willis, Elijah Wood, Bencio del Toro and Clive Owen. All the performances are very good and fit in with the overall theme but the standout in my mind was Mickey Rourke. Rourke plays Marv an ultra ugly, ultra tough man who seeks to avenge a dead hooker but his character is great and the performance is amazing.

Overall I thought the movie was very very good, if you are not a fan of violence may not be your cup of tea but overall this was a great flick I would see it again in a heartbeat!

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Movie Review: Sin City

I am going to see this tonight. Looks awesome!

Present
    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
    2003 VW Jetta GLI
    1992 VW Jetta GL
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

yea i'm going next week after it cools down a bit.. jessica alba is so god damn hot its not funny. guys check out the new GQ if you wanna see what i mean

i read a semi review of this saying its going to start a new trend for movies and that its sorta similiar to kill bill in the way of violence but i dig that stuff

Comment

I liked the trailer, so I can't wait to see the movie....
        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

I'm heading to the 3:10 show today at Chinook. Hopefully it's not psycho busy.
          Yuval
          2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Yeah I saw it Thursday and it was amazing! Definitely check it out. Violent at times but good.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Just got back... what an awesome flick.

Present
              2010 Audi A4 S-Line
              2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
              2003 VW Jetta GLI
              1992 VW Jetta GL
              1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Good show. Nice to see a movie with only adults in the audience for a change.
                Yuval
                2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Really enjoyed the movie and the theatre really enforced the 18+ rule, they made me show ID as I went in! Absolutely loved the violence, it was comical at times because it was over the top. Like come one.. smashing a fan into the ground and it sort of just becoming mush? Thats delicious.
                  Simon

Comment

Yeah, I got ID'd too. Suck to be ID'd by a person so obviously younger than you. Oh well.

I enjoyed this movie so much I think I will go see it again.
                    Last edited by Mr. Burns; 04-04-2005, 12:57 PM.

Present
                    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                    2003 VW Jetta GLI
                    1992 VW Jetta GL
                    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

saw it last night.. i got ID'd buy some 16 year old brat i told him to eat a dick and give me my ticket

movie was awesome.. for being filmed in front of a bluescreen it looked a zillion times better than sky captain did

jessica alba is sooooooooooooo hot
                      mickey rourke is 'THE MAN!' i loved his character and bruce willis was awesome too.. i'll buy it when it comes on dvd for sure..

Comment

Guess I'll be the odd one out because I didn't like Kill Bill the first one Kill Bill 2 was better. I just Watch Spanglish - Yes say it CHICK FLICK, and I liked Eletra. I'm going to rent HEY, HEY its FAT Albert this week coming up.

Cordialtea
                        Some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Comment

Sin City is an awesome movie! I really like the comic-book-style filming of it, however the girlfriend was a little unhappy about the excesive violence. She particularily didn't like the part where the "creepy little yellow guy" gets punished! Oh well....I enjoyed it!!
                          Kyle
                          2000 Audi S4

Comment

that was the best part.. not to mention seeing alba........................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                            X